Back to school means brand new clothes and a fresh start for the kids. However, you can find a way to mark the start of the school year and the end of summer by pampering herself at home. We partnered with Vivemejor who shared some fun ways how you can enjoy beauty treatments right from the comfort of your home. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. After youve sent the kids off to school, take the time to revamp your hair with a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Typical summer activities like going to the beach or swimming in the pool can leave hair feeling dry and brittle, so nows the time to replenish that moisture. Look for a formula that will leave your hair looking healthy, soft and smooth without weighing it down.
2. Along those same lines, if your hair is in real need of some moisture, use a deep conditioning treatment or a conditioning mask. Apply a generous amount and distribute the product from mid-lengths to ends. Run your fingers through your hair softly to detangle, and then rinse.
3. Dont forget your skin! Although we hope youve been applying SPF all summer long and hiding under a fashionable wide-brimmed hat at the beach, the harsher sun and hot temperatures of summer can also dry out your skin. Switch to a moisturizing body wash that cleanses gently while nourishing skin. Nothing like an amazing shower to make you feel like a fresh new person!
4. Treat your digits! A quick at-home mani pedi can instantly brighten your mood and make you feel glamorous. For fall, go wild! Manis with 3D accents, metallic colors, oxblood and black are especially trendy. Theyre an easy (and versatile!) way to spice up your beauty routine.
5. Next, give your face a little va-va-voom! Use a moisturizer that fits your skin type and consider trying a BB cream, which will your skin the right amount s of coverage and moisture. BB creams are perfect for a busy mom on the go, but will also give you a fresh-faced look. Try out a new makeup look; for fall cat eyes, orangey shadow, and red lips are some of the hot trends.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.