With the holiday season comes the sweetest pictures. To help us capture those memorable photos, we enlisted the help of Children's Designer Isabel Garretón who shared some tips on how to take keepsake portraits.
- Have fun! This is a visual adventure. To bring out your children’s best smiles and expressions, take lots of snapshots of your children being children. Let them play with each other and hold props or sit in a chair. If they’re having fun, you’ll capture their true personalities.
- Avoid stiff, posed shots. It’s okay if they’re not all looking at the camera. Instead of asking them to “say cheese,” ask them to think of something funny or if they think Santa’s coming to their house.
- Learn how to tie a good bow. There’s nothing worse than a messy or out of place bow to spoil an otherwise great shot. Check out th 9 steps to tie the perfect bow.
- Dress your children in coordinating but not matching colors. That’s not hard with Isabel Garretón holiday dresses. We especially love our chiffon and velvet A-line girls dresses that come in red and blue. And we love our hand smocked silk dresses in classic red, green and blue holiday colors. For a fancier look inspired by Victorian era holiday styles, our Surprise and Swing dresses with an organza overlay come in different colors that will make each sister feel special.
- Oh Baby! Isabel Garretón has baby dresses and rompers for baby boys so that the littlest members of the family fit the holiday theme.
- Accessorize! Holiday accessories, like matching purses and headbands, add polish to portraits and smiles to little girls’ faces! And don’t forget the tights and patent leather shoes. For baby, matching bonnets and booties are a photo must!
Momtrends was not paid for this post. .