We are sticking with our resolutions to stay healthy and strong, but it can be tough when hungry strikes. To make sure that we snack and eat smart, we have been loving these healthy and flavorful food concepts that will keep you on the right path in 2014 and beyond.
1. Boxera: When the snack attack comes, you want to make sure that you have the right snacks on-hand, which is why we are big fans of Boxtera, a monthly subscription box service that offers natural, healthy snacks that are delivered right to your door. This includes full-sized packages of delicious options such as Tangerine Slices, BBQ Banana Chips, Kabukim Sesame Bites and much more! Not only a convenient and easy way to get food to your door, I also love how these snacks use natural, wholesome ingredients and they strive to include products that are mostly gluten-free, organic, and always minimally processed.
2. KAMUT® wheat: Known as a "high energy wheat" due to its high percentage of lipids; and it's easy to digest, KAMUT is highly versatile and its natural sweetness makes it ideal for a variety of dishes including cereals, cakes, pastry and bread as well as savory side dishes, stuffing and burgers.
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
Here's What No One Tells You About Olive Oil
produce is at its absolute PEAK right now. It's the time to prepare fresh veggies and fruit with ease and simplicity. When it comes to cooking, the farmer's market is my muse. As I prepare some of my summer harvest favorites, I'm sharing a little secret, what you put ON the ...read more
3. Brad's Raw Made Easy: Kale is all the rage, and for good reason. This hearty leafy green is packed with calcium, vitamin C, vitamin K, minerals and much more. We have been loving Brad's Raw Leafy Kale chips that are deliciously coated in red bell pepper, cashews, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, chickpea miso, and Himalayan sea salt. Now you can also learn more about eating raw as a lifestyle change for 2014 in the new book, The Fast, Delicious Way to Lose Weight, Optimize Health, and Live Mostly in the Raw. Written by Brad Gruno who writes about how a raw diet not only changed his health, but how it changed his life. The book also includes insightful ways to make this change simple, with an easy and nutritious plan for transitioning to raw.
4. Blue Hill Yogurt: I'm a big fan of adding to veggies to pretty much everything, but I never thought of adding them to yogurt! Enter the new way to eat yogurt complete with Blue Hill yogurt and their line of savory yogurt made with milk from 100% grass-fed cows. Inspired by yogurt made in the Blue Hill restaurant kitchens, Blue Hill yogurt comes in vibrantly colored flavors like Carrot, Tomato, Beet, Butternut Squash, and Sweet Potato. Blue Hill Yogurt can be eaten as a meal or snack by itself (or with your own “add-ins”), but is also great to enhance a meal or as an ingredient in a home-cooked meal. Personally, I like them as a savory granola with walnuts, chia seeds and blueberries. A delicious way to eat yogurt, I don't think you can go back to regular yogurt after enjoying this gourmet variety.
5. Filippo Berio Olive Oil: Staying health also includes the type of oils that you cook with, and our favorite is the new Extra Virgin Organic Filippo Berio Olive Oil that features a robust and rich flavor that is packed with heart-healthy properties. They are also on the hunt for the best olive oil tips and are hosting a fun contest (now through January 2014) where one Grand Prize winner to Filippo’s hometown of Lucca, Italy, to see firsthand where the making of this exquisite olive oil began, and to take classes at the renowned Toscana Saporita Cooking School. Additionally, five finalists will win their very own personalized case of olive oil, with each bottle customized with their face and signature. To enter, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/FilippoBerioUS/app_451684954848385
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given some samples.