The first day of school is approaching, and to help us navigate this day we chatted with mom of three and Target’s Mommy Ambassador,Soleil Moon Frye. With having a new addition to her family (baby Lyric), Soleil shared some tips on how she will get her daughters Jagger (Age 6) and Poet (Age 8) to kick-off the new school year.
- Involve the Kids –To help get the girls excited for their first day of school, I get them involved. We just made a big Target trip to get everything on our list. We love picking out colorful school supplies and stylish outfits together. This year, the girls were all about expressing themselves and found items for their first day of school outfits! Poet’s favorite is the Cherokee Floral Lace Dress ($19.99) while Jagger loves the Cherokee Leggings ($14.99). We also stocked up on back-to-school must-haves, like notebooks decked out with online memes ($2.50 each), backpacks ($29.99 each), lunch boxes ($12.99 each) and water bottles ($12.99 each).
- Throw a Fashion Show – Once we’re home from our big shopping trip, we throw a fashion show: we crank up some music and let the girls model their new outfits. It gives them a boost of confidence heading into a new school year.
- Make Homework Fun – We celebrate the girls’ work by putting up their artwork on fun corkboards ($6.79 each) and use mason jars to hold their pens, pencils and markers to create a bright and cheerful homework space. The girls love doing crafts like personalizing and decorating their notebooks ($2.29 each) and binders ($2.49 each) that allow them to express their personality and style.
- Have Family Dinners –We use dinner as a time to let the girls tell us all about their adventures, the new friends they’re making and the things they are learning about.
- And, as I always say, embrace the “happy chaos” and Happy First Day of School!
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
Inspiration and Games for a Candy Land Birthday Party
The girls had their hearts set in a colorful candy party inspired by the Candy Land board game. This party was such a blast to put together. A rainbow of colors, candy bar, and candy games! Candy Land Birthday Party Food and Drink Our party was in the afternoon, so for food we ...read more
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
Momtrends was not paid for this post.