The first day of school is approaching, and to help us navigate this day we chatted with mom of three and Target’s Mommy Ambassador,Soleil Moon Frye. With having a new addition to her family (baby Lyric), Soleil shared some tips on how she will get her daughters Jagger (Age 6) and Poet (Age 8) to kick-off the new school year.
- Involve the Kids –To help get the girls excited for their first day of school, I get them involved. We just made a big Target trip to get everything on our list. We love picking out colorful school supplies and stylish outfits together. This year, the girls were all about expressing themselves and found items for their first day of school outfits! Poet’s favorite is the Cherokee Floral Lace Dress ($19.99) while Jagger loves the Cherokee Leggings ($14.99). We also stocked up on back-to-school must-haves, like notebooks decked out with online memes ($2.50 each), backpacks ($29.99 each), lunch boxes ($12.99 each) and water bottles ($12.99 each).
- Throw a Fashion Show – Once we’re home from our big shopping trip, we throw a fashion show: we crank up some music and let the girls model their new outfits. It gives them a boost of confidence heading into a new school year.
- Make Homework Fun – We celebrate the girls’ work by putting up their artwork on fun corkboards ($6.79 each) and use mason jars to hold their pens, pencils and markers to create a bright and cheerful homework space. The girls love doing crafts like personalizing and decorating their notebooks ($2.29 each) and binders ($2.49 each) that allow them to express their personality and style.
- Have Family Dinners –We use dinner as a time to let the girls tell us all about their adventures, the new friends they’re making and the things they are learning about.
- And, as I always say, embrace the “happy chaos” and Happy First Day of School!
Momtrends was not paid for this post.