As we mentioned in the gender neutral nursery post, we are excited to welcome our third baby very soon! Now that the nursery is done, we have also been getting our essentials and baby items in order. Here are just a few of our favorites.
1. Clothes: Going with the gender-neutral theme we love the collection of sweet essentials from Burt's Bees Baby. Featuring pieces that are made100% organic cotton, pesticide-free and super soft, Burt’s Bees Baby is the first full-lifestyle brand focusing on earth friendly products and practices. In addition to their amazing mission, they also offer stylish and affordable products for babies through size 7. This includes fun pieces like the Newborn “Bee Essentials” (body suits, coveralls, bibs, burp clothes, kimono sets, gowns, etc.) to Bath Time terry (wash cloths, towels, robes, etc.), Toddler & Kid Essentials (PJs, leggings, T-Shirts, casual dresses), the highly popular underwear, known as “Underbees”, plush baby toys and teethers and the recently launched Bedding Basics (quilts, changing pads, crib sheets, swaddling blankets, etc.).
For our baby, I focused on the high-quality and sweet yellow and grey gender neutral finds like the Wide Stripe Snap Front Footless Coverall and Cap and the very useful Bee Essentials Bodysuits that are super soft and gentle for a newborn. The Burt's Bees Baby collections are available in-store and online at national retailers such as Target, Kohl's, BabiesRus, buybuy Baby, CVS, JC Penney, Diapers.com and most recently Whole Foods, Costco and Amazon, as well as on www.burtsbeesbaby.com.
For shoes, we love the sweet and comfortable selection from Robeez. Featuring super soft soles, Robeez are fantastic for babies and toddlers as they can grip on surfaces. These shoes also promote balance, encourage muscle growth and are long-lasting. Featuring pediatric-endorsed products for babies and toddlers up to 24 months old since 1994, we also love their unique styles such as the Robeeez Bow Wow Soft Soles, Orange, Robeez Friends Wrap Around Soft Soles, Navy, Robeez Little Peanut Soft Soles, Pink and so much more! Available online atwww.myrobeez.comand in select stores, Robeez has the perfect shoes for your little one’s feet.
2. Bath Essentials: For bathtime fun, we love the toys from Boon. This includes sweet bath items like the colorful Fleet Stacking Boats, a fun set that is fantastic for stacking and pouring water as well as the fun Odd Ducks. Babies and toddlers will love the squishy and colorful ducks to make bathtime even more fun, and parents will love that they are PVC-free and don't hold water so they won't develop any yucky black mold!
We also love the sweet ‘Hammam’ Towel Collection from Hippychick. This includes a soft and velvety towel that comes as either a hooded poncho for toddlers and a hooded baby bath towel. Made from the finest quality 100% Turkish ‘Peshtemal’ cotton with a characteristic tight and flat weave making them lightweight, easy to wear, as well as super-absorbent and quick-drying. The Hammam Towels also offer a number of extra, thoughtful details, designed with parents and children in mind. Look out for generous amounts of material to ensure your child feels wonderfully snug, cosy pockets to keep hands warm as well as poppers under the arm to keep them perfectly in place. The towels are designed to be machine washed at 30 degrees without losing their shape, soft texture or color, wash after wash. The Hippychick Hammam Towel Collection feature a traditional stripe design in a choice of cool blue or warm red and are now available exclusively from www.hippychick.com.
3. Baby Care: For grooming, we are excited about the Baby Comfy Nail, a reinvention of the baby nail clipper. This includes a nail clipper that protects baby’s skin from getting clipped. Most nail clippers for babies are merely smaller versions of adult nail clippers, which actually makes them more difficult for parents to hold and operate. Many parents end up cutting the skin, which is painful for the child and the parent, but worse, can cause infection. The Baby Comfy Nail safety clipper is revolutionary in that it has only one top blade and a plastic bottom ledge that pushes the skin of baby’s finger tip back out of the way. The clipper is also larger than most clippers so it is easier to operate, giving the parent more control for precise trimming. The Baby Comfy Nail launches September 1, 2014 on Amazon.com, and www.babycomfycare.com.
For babies skin, we love the collection of products from TotLogicThis includes a line of daily infant and children’s bath and body care products void of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, DEA, PEG, artificial perfumes and dyes; naturally fragranced with a scented blend that is calming and soothing. Includes TotLogic 2 in 1 Baby Wash & Shampoo, Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave-In Conditioning Spray, Body Lotion, Soothing Diaper Balm and Bubble Bath.
Mom Picks for Best Modern Wooden Play Gyms
Let's be honest: Most baby gyms look like a primary color explosion of yikesness. And yes, I owned one and found it an absolute lifesaver at that bewitching hour when every child under 1 starts crying right when you need to be cooking dinner. But whenever company arrived, I would ...read more
Inspiration and Games for a Candy Land Birthday Party
The girls had their hearts set in a colorful candy party inspired by the Candy Land board game. This party was such a blast to put together. A rainbow of colors, candy bar, and candy games! Candy Land Birthday Party Food and Drink Our party was in the afternoon, so for food we ...read more
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
4. For Mama: For moms, we love the new CupCakeNursing Pads from Cake Maternity. This includes the only pads on the market that can be customized to manage light, medium and heavy milk flow absorption.Unlike other pads that are scratchy, ill-fitting, and don’t stand up to leakage, CupCake “all-in-one” Nursing Pads are non-disposable and economical, easy to use, and can be customized to absorb milk flow by adding or decreasing its liners. They are also made of 100% organic materials that work to keep you dry and they offer amazing comfort due to their the thin, contoured round-shaped pads discreetly provide the perfect fit for every breast shape and size.
Belly Buds: Another interesting product that we have been loving is the Bellybuds | Baby-Bump Sound System. This innovative baby gadget operates as a specialized speaker system that plays sound directly to the womb. This allows you to share music, record your voice and soothing sounds as it gently adheres to your belly. This is a fantastic way to deliver memory-shaping sounds to your baby that literally works anywhere. The system also comes with VoiceShare so that family and friends can speak to your baby. A fantastic way to connect and share a message with your baby, we love how this offers a beautiful connection that you can use on-the-go or at home. Bellybuds also just announced a charitable partnership with Children’s Hospital LA where a percentage of proceeds (minimum of $25k and up to $150 k) will go to Children’s Hospital LA’s Mark Taper-Johnny Mercer Artists Program and specifically music therapy in CHLA’s Newborn and Infant Critical Care Unit.
5. For Sleep: Another essential we love for moms is the book, Newborn Sleep Book. Written by Jonathan and Lewis Jassey this incredible book includes a simple step by step feeding plan to have your babysleeping for up to seven hours every night! As someone who struggled with establishing a bedtime plan, I was really excited to read this book that provided the tips for newborn sleep (as long as their nutritional needs are being meet). This includes a book that is filled with insightful tips and advice about breastfeeding, bottle-feeding, moving from sleepless nights to sleeping at least 7 hours a night and how to create an environment that focuses on sleep. With baby here in a few weeks I feel ready with the tips and tricks to encourage safe sleep.
We also love to encourage calm with the fun new CD Good Baby, Bad Baby from Rockabye Baby. We love how this company has transformed our favorite music into gorgeous lullabies. Their latest CD features a fun mix of thirteen lullabied versions of pop hits, including songs from Radiohead, Amy Winehouse, Jay-Z, and Maroon 5, and is sure to make for a smooth bedtime regardless if your baby is as good as gold or bad to the bone.
Another sleep essential that we love is the new Moon Cocoon from Nini & Pumpkin, a lightweight sleep sack that grows with a child from 6 months to 3 years and beyond. This soft wearable duvet features an interchangeable top that allows for quick changes and mixing and matching of patterns and colors that includes a PrimaLoft® fill - making it super lightweight and made to provide the perfect warmth in temperatures ranging from 65 – 72°F, so it can be worn throughout the year. We also love that is made with a hypoallergenic fabric that is free from any harsh dyes or chemical flame retardants. The moon cocoon is available in five timeless colors and patterns, with the option to purchase additional interchangeable tops. The unique, patent-pending design and incredible quality make it a thoughtful baby gift, offering parents peace of mind as their baby grows. The moon cocoon is available for online purchase at niniandpumpkin.com.
6. For Cleaning Up: Babies are ridiculously cute, but they are also messy! One way that we love to tackle the mess is to use the innovative Mother Load bags, a set of five durable, grab-and-go bags for the ultimate in organization and convenience for busy moms and dads. These high-quality bags feature a simple color coded system that includes an embroidered icon such as SNACK, TOY, DIAPER, CLEAN CLOTHES, and DIRTY CLOTHES so that you can organize all of your essentials and keep the dirty stuff away from the clean items. Fantastic for travel, these reusable and eco-friendly bags also include a see-through and stretchy mesh front so that you can easily know what’s inside as well as a wristlet and diaper pad for life on-the-go.
7. For Meals: When your baby is ready to eat, we love the super sweet Baby Bibs from Make My Day. Made from food grade, stain resistant silicone, these BPA-free baby bibs are super soft and easy-to-clean featuring fun styles like Jewel, Bow Tie, Dog Tag, Daisy and more! The bibs are also really functional and feature a built-in crumb catcher, adjustable strap and stain resistant style. Designed for 6 months to 3 years old, these bibs are also easy to clean where you simple rinse them with water or dishwasher so messes are gone quickly and effectively.
Another meal-time staple is the collection of cups and bottles from Dr. Brown's. Some of our favorites are the Dr. Brown’s Natural Flow® Standard Bottles, which help reduce colic, preserve vitamins and let baby feed easily. The patented internal vent system allows babies to have their breast milk or formula without fighting the negative effects of nipple collapse or the discomfort of ingesting air bubbles and the Dr. Brown’s spill-proof Snack-A-PillarTM Stackable Snack & Dipping Cups with their travel-friendly twist-and-lock lids for on-the-go meals.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given some samples for review. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Momtrends and allow us to keep reporting on trends.