We are going away on Monday for a whole week! We can't wait and as I pack for the kids I realized I also want to have a few key style essentials that will take me through the week without over-packing. Some of my favorites are not the basics that I know I will pack but more so the fun pieces like sunglasses, bags and travel caddies as well as books that I hope I will get a chance to read! Here are just a few of my favorite finds for travel.
1. Vera Bradley Home and Away Cosmetic: To keep my beauty items secure and organized, I love Vera Bradley's Home and Away Cosmetic featuring six closed-bottom pockets, easy-to-clean lining and zippers for items like tweezers and bandaids. I also love how it easily fits in any suitcase and comes in all of the popular and chic colors and patterns that Vera Bradley is renowned for.
2. Zeal Optics: Going to Florida means that sunnies are going to be an essential item that I pack and one of my favorite new brands is Zeal Optics. I love how they offer glasses based on your lifestyle (they also offer active and performance frames), size of your face, based on gender and price. This includes on-trend colors and styles with some of my favorites being the Kennedy, Hadley and Penny Lane. This also includes sunglasses that are polarized and made with hyperion lenses, a proflex rubber and a hidden spring hinge so that your glasses stay put when you are running around with your kids, or when you are literally going for a run.
3. Rebecca Ray Designs: I love that we have left the diaper bag where I can carry a little less stuff. For vacation that means I can bring my The Camryn Rebecca Ray bag. Handmade in the USA in the Amish country of Ohio and Pennsylvania, this bag is modeled after an antique trout creel and has a really cool shape as well as high quality feel. I love how the interior features their signature canvas colors with two pockets for ample storage. I use this for everything from diapers to books to my wallet and have room to spare. I also love how it functions as an over-the-shoulder bag and a cross-body. Another favorite is that the line features a mix of Downton Abby with a modern edge thanks to its bright colors and high quality materials. Other favorites from the line include The Computer Bag and The Sally that would be perfect for any trip.
Family Friendly Hotel in Breckenridge
Breckenridge Colorado is a haven for families that love to ski and snowboard. The town is home to one of the largest resorts in Colorado, plus it boasts a robust arts scene and wonderful food options. That's why families keep coming back to this destination ski town. One thing ...read more
Tips for Skiing Breckenridge with Your Family
Before you book your family ski trip this season be sure to read the dozens of resort reviews we've done at Momtrends. My family is lucky to have skied at more than 50 North American destinations. We got the chance to test out the slopes at Breckenridge last year and have worked ...read more
Vail Resorts Opening Dates for 2021-22 Ski Season
Vail Resorts today announced the opening dates of its 34 North American resorts. If things go according to plan, Keystone in Colorado will be the first to host skiers and riders this winter. Vail's opening dates for the 2021-22 ski and riding season are subject to change due to ...read more
4. Acequia Luxury Line: Since we will be staying at a house for vacation, I will be bringing some beauty products from home and one of my new favorites is the ACEQUIA luxury line. An all-natural product with no sulfates, parabens, detergents, surficants or chemicals, I love how the Natural Castile Hand Soap is made with Olive Oil as well as super gentle on my skin. I also love their Luxe Body Wash that provides moisture thanks to the addition of Shea Butter and Silk. Another fun product for travel is their Travel Totes that are TSA approved and contain the Natural Castile Hand Soap, Skin Nourishment Lotion and Luxe Body Wash.
5. Books: Vacation is a great time to read, but with kids that can be challenging. The best time for me to get some reading in is when the kids are sleeping and over vacation. On my list is Socialsklz :) For Success: How to Give Children the Skills They Need to Thrive in the Modern World and The Honest Toddler: A Child's Guide to Parenting. In Socialsklz :) For Success author Faye de Muyshondt guides parents through modern day social skills, gratitude, and manners in the age of overconsumption, social media and technology. This includes ways where parents can help instill confidence as well how to have a thoughtful conversation. Packed with tools to help kids succeed, I am really excited to learn some tips on how to instill confidence, tips for going online, conversationasklz:), gratitude and independence in my own children.
I am also excited to read the Honest Toddler's book as a spin-off from Bunmi Laditan's popular twitter handle that is written in the voice of a toddler. Featuring hilarious antics as parents can laugh along to the often frustrating world of the misunderstood toddler, I can't wait read (and I'm sure laugh along) as I follow the world of the Honest Toddler.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given some samples.