While I love vacation (check out our recent experience to Lodge on the Cove), it can wreak havoc on our day-to-day routines. NOt only our sleep schedule and what we eat, I find that after a vacation my skin and hair can look and feel damaged. Now that I am back home I have been using a few everyday essentials to amp up my beauty routine. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. For the eye area, I have been using the OLEHENRIKSEN® ultimate lift eye gel. Reformulated with additional peptides and botanicals to instantly lift, firm and de-puff the delicate eye region overnight, the eye gel is pumped with a proprietary ultimate firming complex of bio-peptides and hyaluronic acid, the enhanced eye gel formula lifts sagging lids and brows, restores elasticity and diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, while wrapping the delicate eye region in an overnight moisture barrier. This is designed to dramatically lift, firm and de-puff while sleeping and wake up to refreshed, younger-looking eyes thanks to its use of 30% more peptides and 600% more botanicals. I love how it works to lock in hydration and plump the skin as it restores elasticity and reduces crow’s feet and wrinkles.
2. For skin woes, I have been using a collection of products from Murad. My favorites are the Murad Acne Clearing Solution and Murad Acne Spot Fast Fix. For spots, I love the Acne Spot Fast Fix as it works to penetrate the pores without causing irritation. A super gentle formula, it is formulated with a blend of Benzoyl Peroxide, Great Burnet (botanical flower), Tea Tree OIl and a soothing vitamin blend. Another daily favorite is the Acne Clearing Solution that is designed to improve the texture of the skin as it clears up breakouts and helps to prevent new ones. This includes a blend of Salicylic Acid and Queen of Meadow Extract that works to exfoliate and prevent surface build-up to restore clarity.
Best Mosquito Wristband for Your Family Hikes
Do you want to know what my number one summer hiking must have is? Well, get ready because I'm giving you the lowdown on it today. You see, my family loves to hike. I mean we loooooove to hike. If there isn't a trail we can hit up while we're on vacation we are definitely not ...read more
How to Create a Cozy Reading Nook for Kids
Have a bookworm in the family? Or a struggling reader you want to encourage? Creating a cozy reading nook somewhere in your house is a great way to provide a dedicated space designed for digging into a good book. Here are the three elements of a good reading space and a few ...read more
Always brunch! And what better cocktail to have with brunch than a mimosa? With the holidays quickly approaching, gatherings will be happening more frequently as we focus more on quality time with family and friends. If you have little ones like I do, evenings can be hard to pull ...read more
3. I love to travel light where I generally opt for those small hotel soaps. After two weeks of them, though, I was so excited to return home to my soaps from Yardley London. My favorite is the Yardley London Botanical Soap Collection featuring scents like Yardley London in Aloe & Cucumber and Shea Buttermilk Bath Bars and my favorite - Yardley London Aloe & Cucumber Bath Bar. I love the mild scent from this bar thanks to its inclusion of natural aloe and cucumber essence to help restore a balanced moisture to skin.
4. To treat my skin during the day, I have been using the Caudalie Polyphenol c15 Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Anti-Wrinkle Protect Fluid. This is formulated with Caudalie’s exclusive stabilized Grape-seed Polyphenols and Vitamin C that is designed to block damaging free-radicals in an unprecedented, effective manner. This multi-purpose anti-oxidant enriched cream incorporates a broad-spectrum sunscreen to preserve skin from free-radicals generated by UVA and UVB radiation. I also love how it is oil-free and goes on super light as it quenches the skin, without leaving a greasy residue.
5. For hair care relief, we have been loving the Aveda Sun Care After-Sun Hair Masque. This intensive creme masque is designed to restores the look of sun-exposed hair and moisturize as it helps to defend against free radicals. As a part of a three-part recovery system (other products in the line are the Aveda Sun Care Hair and Body Cleanser and the Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil), the hair masque has been amazing as it has smoothed and treated my hair thanks to its inclusion of tamanu oil, certified organic shea butter, coconut and palm oils. I love this natural combination that is bursting with an incredible citrus aroma blend and vitamin E, green tea extract, and certified organic sunflower seed oil that has been leaving my hair nourished, protected and simply feeling great.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. This post may contain affiliate links. By clicking and shopping, you help support Momtrends and allow us to keep reporting on trends.