Ready to whip out the credit card and start ordering all the delicious nursery items we've found? I've found a expert out there who makes his living saving shoppers cash. When Barry Boone had his son, he wanted a way to make an additional income, so he launched CurrentCodes.com. At first online retailers were upset that Barry was giving away these codes, but once they realized how much traffic it was driving to their sites, they decided to capitalize on it. Now, mega-stores such as Amazon.com and Overstock.com pay Barry a certain amount of money for every customer who links to their Web site from CurrentCodes.com and makes a purchase. Before you click away, Barry from Coupon Codes has a few helpful tips to save you some cash.
- Always check for a coupon or promotional code on sites such as CurrentCodes.com before check out. Getting a coupon only takes a few seconds and could save you anything from free shipping to 50% off or more.
- If you know the exact product you want to purchase, it pays to visit several online retailers to get the best price. CurrentCodes.com can help you find that best price by giving you a list of online stores in the category you're shopping for, and showing you the coupons that those stores are offering.
- In general, it is far safer to use a credit card than a debit card for shopping online. Most debit cards do not offer the same level of safety that a credit card does, and when an unexpected or erroneous charge shows up on your debit card, the money is taken from your bank account and you can end up with bounced checks or other issues before you realize the problem has occurred.
- Always be sure that the final checkout screen shows the correct items, quantities, and pricing before you submit your order.
- Some merchants are required to collect sales taxes in your state while others might not. It can pay to check several online retailers if the merchant you're about to purchase from wants to charge sales tax.
- If you're an eBay shopper, be sure to check CurrentCodes.com for an eBay coupon, especially if you pay by PayPal. eBay sometimes issues coupons that are valid for purchases made on their site with PayPal. This is especially true near the holidays.
- Pay close attention to shipping charges. Some retailers make up their low prices by padding the shipping, so you want to be sure you're getting the lowest possible overall price.