Do you feel sluggish after all of the holiday cheer. I know that I have been especially exhausted and feeling rundown, so to get my body in gear for 2014 I have been detoxing from all of that holiday fun. Here are some of my favorite ways to re-direct this holiday season.
1. Start each day with a green smoothie. I love getting green smoothies outside of the house, but they can really be so expensive. For my own version, I mix in chia seeds, berries, kale, spinach, lemon and some ALOHA green powder. I whip this together in my Ninja Blender and start the day off on the right foot. Another bonus is I also give this to the kids, and they have no idea that it is packed with green veggies.
2. Read more. This sounds simple, but as moms we are pulled in many different directions, and more often than that, this doesn't leave much time for ourselves. I have been trying to go bed earlier (another detox tip), shut off the computer and curl up to a good book. Right now, I'm reading The Interestings, but you can also find some incredible book selections from our own Jennifer Vido.
3. Exercise. We all know that exercise is a great way to relieve stress. Personally, I love yoga as a way to focus and find some calm.
4. Drink tea. Tea and a book at the end of the day sounds amazing to us, and one of the best types of tea for detoxing is dandelion tea. It is known to aid in the detoxification process as it aids in digestion and replaces any lost potassium.
5. Drink your water. There has been some debate if we need 8 glasses a day, but the bottom line is that water helps us to cleanse our bodies and get back on track. I like to make drinking water a part of my day by using a reusable water bottle from SIGG, which is also a lot nicer to the environment.
6. Sleep! Easier said than done, but getting more sleep is a great way to feel refreshed and revived - not to mention you will actually be more productive the next day. We covered some of our favorite sleep essentials that will be sure to help you get the rest that your body needs.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.