Do you feel sluggish after all of the holiday cheer. I know that I have been especially exhausted and feeling rundown, so to get my body in gear for the new year. I have been detoxing from all of that holiday fun. Here are some of my favorite ways to re-direct this holiday season.
1. Start each day with a green smoothie. I love getting green smoothies outside of the house, but they can really be so expensive. For my own version, I mix in chia seeds, berries, kale, spinach, lemon and some ALOHA green powder. I whip this together in my Ninja Blender and start the day off on the right foot. Another bonus is I also give this to the kids, and they have no idea that it is packed with green veggies.
2. Read more. This sounds simple, but as moms we are pulled in many different directions, and more often than that, this doesn't leave much time for ourselves. I have been trying to go bed earlier (another detox tip), shut off the computer and curl up to a good book. Right now, I'm reading The Interestings, but you can also find some incredible book selections from our own Jennifer Vido.
3. Exercise. We all know that exercise is a great way to relieve stress. Personally, I love yoga as a way to focus and find some calm. And running also is a tried and true way to find some zen.
4. Drink tea. Tea and a book at the end of the day sounds amazing to us, and one of the best types of tea for detoxing is tea. It is known to aid in the detoxification process as it aids in digestion and replaces any lost potassium.
Boozy Hazelnut Coffee Cocktail
Another week, another cocktail recipe, girls. Last week, I must confess, I thoroughly enjoyed the strawberry bourbon smash cocktail. With family in town for my son's 4th birthday, there were reasons to celebrate. This fall we've switched it up to a warming cocktail a Boozy ...read more
Cookbook for Moms Who Ski and Ride
Winter is here and it's time for outdoor adventures. Skiing, hiking and sledding can make a family hungry. This winter, there's an awesome solution for moms a new cookbook for moms who ski and ride. The Ski Moms Cookbook is a digital cookbook with 36 recipes that are easy to ...read more
How to Celebrate Adoptive Parents
I recently learned that a friend who had been patiently awaiting a child became a parent practically overnight. When I heard about this loving couple bringing home their first baby, it really got me thinking about how to celebrate adoptive parents. We have experience with ...read more
5. Drink your water. There has been some debate if we need 8 glasses a day, but the bottom line is that water helps us to cleanse our bodies and get back on track. I like to make drinking water a part of my day by using a reusable water bottle from SIGG, which is also a lot nicer to the environment.
6. Sleep! Easier said than done, but getting more sleep is a great way to feel refreshed and revived - not to mention you will actually be more productive the next day. We covered some of our favorite sleep essentials that will be sure to help you get the rest that your body needs.
MORE DETOXES FROM MOMTRENDS
Be sure to follow our Health & Fitness and board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.