Do you feel sluggish after all of the holiday cheer. I know that I have been especially exhausted and feeling rundown, so to get my body in gear for the new year. I have been detoxing from all of that holiday fun. Here are some of my favorite ways to re-direct this holiday season.
1. Start each day with a green smoothie. I love getting green smoothies outside of the house, but they can really be so expensive. For my own version, I mix in chia seeds, berries, kale, spinach, lemon and some ALOHA green powder. I whip this together in my Ninja Blender and start the day off on the right foot. Another bonus is I also give this to the kids, and they have no idea that it is packed with green veggies.
2. Read more. This sounds simple, but as moms we are pulled in many different directions, and more often than that, this doesn't leave much time for ourselves. I have been trying to go bed earlier (another detox tip), shut off the computer and curl up to a good book. Right now, I'm reading The Interestings, but you can also find some incredible book selections from our own Jennifer Vido.
3. Exercise. We all know that exercise is a great way to relieve stress. Personally, I love yoga as a way to focus and find some calm. And running also is a tried and true way to find some zen.
4. Drink tea. Tea and a book at the end of the day sounds amazing to us, and one of the best types of tea for detoxing is tea. It is known to aid in the detoxification process as it aids in digestion and replaces any lost potassium.
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
Here's What No One Tells You About Olive Oil
produce is at its absolute PEAK right now. It's the time to prepare fresh veggies and fruit with ease and simplicity. When it comes to cooking, the farmer's market is my muse. As I prepare some of my summer harvest favorites, I'm sharing a little secret, what you put ON the ...read more
5. Drink your water. There has been some debate if we need 8 glasses a day, but the bottom line is that water helps us to cleanse our bodies and get back on track. I like to make drinking water a part of my day by using a reusable water bottle from SIGG, which is also a lot nicer to the environment.
6. Sleep! Easier said than done, but getting more sleep is a great way to feel refreshed and revived - not to mention you will actually be more productive the next day. We covered some of our favorite sleep essentials that will be sure to help you get the rest that your body needs.
MORE DETOXES FROM MOMTRENDS
Be sure to follow our Health & Fitness and board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.