Exciting news for your back-to-school purchases! BEYONCÉ and BeyGOOD will join forces with STATE Bags to bring school supplies to children in need in six cities. STATE was created by Scot and Jacq Tatelman to address the needs of American children living with challenging- and in some cases critical- circumstances. While theirs is a one for one model, their commitment goes beyond a simple material donation through their Bag Drops.
This #GIVEBACKPACK Program will provide backpacks and school essentials to students in Charlotte, Baltimore, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Newark and New York City, as children prepare for the new school year.
In addition to providing over 2000 students with new backpacks this fall, the #GIVEBACKPACK Program and STATE Bag’s PackMen/Women will host high energy “pep rallies for good” to support local charities in each city. The rallies will be followed by a simulated shopping experience where all participating students will have the opportunity to stuff their #BeyGOODxSTATE Bags with brand new school supplies.
In an effort to support as many youth as possible, shop.beyonce.com has made it easy for anyone to get involved.
HOW TO SUPPORT:
• PURCHASE any STATE Bag. Each bag sold - including the limited edition BeyGOOD X STATE Union bag - will result in a donated bag at our bag drop events.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
• DONATE towards school supplies to ensure that every delivered bag is stuffed with the essential tools for success.
STATE and BeyGOOD will carry out STATE's signature motivational bag drop events in six underfunded communities across the east coast.
Schedule for Bag Drops:
- August 18: Charlotte, NC - Communities in Schools
- August 21: Baltimore, MD- Family League of Baltimore in partnership with YMCA of Central Maryland
- August 22: Washington DC - DC Alliance of Youth Advocates
- August 27: Philadelphia, PA - Boys and Girls Club of Philadelphia
- August 29: Newark, NJ - SPARK Academy at KIPP School of Newark
- September 4: New York, NY – Brownsville/East NY public school in Brooklyn
For a limited time, a special edition custom #BeyGOODxSTATE Bag backpack will be available for purchase with all proceeds benefitting the 2014 Back To School Program initiative. hhttp://www.statebags.com/products/the-beygood-union
Momtrends was not paid for this post.