Exciting news for your back-to-school purchases! BEYONCÉ and BeyGOOD will join forces with STATE Bags to bring school supplies to children in need in six cities. STATE was created by Scot and Jacq Tatelman to address the needs of American children living with challenging- and in some cases critical- circumstances. While theirs is a one for one model, their commitment goes beyond a simple material donation through their Bag Drops.
This #GIVEBACKPACK Program will provide backpacks and school essentials to students in Charlotte, Baltimore, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Newark and New York City, as children prepare for the new school year.
In addition to providing over 2000 students with new backpacks this fall, the #GIVEBACKPACK Program and STATE Bag’s PackMen/Women will host high energy “pep rallies for good” to support local charities in each city. The rallies will be followed by a simulated shopping experience where all participating students will have the opportunity to stuff their #BeyGOODxSTATE Bags with brand new school supplies.
In an effort to support as many youth as possible, shop.beyonce.com has made it easy for anyone to get involved.
HOW TO SUPPORT:
• PURCHASE any STATE Bag. Each bag sold - including the limited edition BeyGOOD X STATE Union bag - will result in a donated bag at our bag drop events.
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
• DONATE towards school supplies to ensure that every delivered bag is stuffed with the essential tools for success.
STATE and BeyGOOD will carry out STATE's signature motivational bag drop events in six underfunded communities across the east coast.
Schedule for Bag Drops:
- August 18: Charlotte, NC - Communities in Schools
- August 21: Baltimore, MD- Family League of Baltimore in partnership with YMCA of Central Maryland
- August 22: Washington DC - DC Alliance of Youth Advocates
- August 27: Philadelphia, PA - Boys and Girls Club of Philadelphia
- August 29: Newark, NJ - SPARK Academy at KIPP School of Newark
- September 4: New York, NY – Brownsville/East NY public school in Brooklyn
For a limited time, a special edition custom #BeyGOODxSTATE Bag backpack will be available for purchase with all proceeds benefitting the 2014 Back To School Program initiative. hhttp://www.statebags.com/products/the-beygood-union
Momtrends was not paid for this post.