With back-to-school season kicking off soon, we are knee-deep in planning mode. To help us prep for this exciting (and busy) season, we are sharing some tips from Melissa Keswin, Director of Kids at GILT. Check out some of her tips and trend ideas to make back-to-school shopping a breeze.
Back-to-School Shopping Tips
- You shop for it, they style it: We complain about what our kids want to wear every day, yet we buy it! Squash these daily dilemmas by picking out complementary mix and match basics so there’s little chance of things going too Punky Brewster. Then they can dress themselves – minus the morning conflict -- which gives them confidence and a strong sense of self!
- Buy multiples of go-to pieces: Make sure to stock up on those key pieces kids really need: Sneakers, jeans, and T-shirts, T-shirts, T-shirts! Spills are bound to happen (paint, food, glue), so buy several of their favorites so they’re set for a while. I love brands like Ever After, Rowdy Sprout, and Joah Love, who all make comfy, affordable, and stylish tees.
- Don't forget to layer: Make sure to get the essential hoodie or cardigan for easy layering. From chilly mornings at the bus stop to sweaty afternoon gym classes, they’ll need something fuss-free to throw on and off throughout the day.
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL ORGANIZATION FROM MOMTRENDS
- Welcome back-to-school party ideas
- 5 ways to put a positive spin on back to school
- 8 ways to make back-to-school mornings easier
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Back to School board for more tips.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.