With back-to-school season kicking off soon, we are knee-deep in planning mode. To help us prep for this exciting (and busy) season, we are sharing some tips from Melissa Keswin, Director of Kids at GILT. Check out some of her tips and trend ideas to make back-to-school shopping a breeze.
Back-to-School Shopping Tips
- You shop for it, they style it: We complain about what our kids want to wear every day, yet we buy it! Squash these daily dilemmas by picking out complementary mix and match basics so there’s little chance of things going too Punky Brewster. Then they can dress themselves – minus the morning conflict -- which gives them confidence and a strong sense of self!
- Buy multiples of go-to pieces: Make sure to stock up on those key pieces kids really need: Sneakers, jeans, and T-shirts, T-shirts, T-shirts! Spills are bound to happen (paint, food, glue), so buy several of their favorites so they’re set for a while. I love brands like Ever After, Rowdy Sprout, and Joah Love, who all make comfy, affordable, and stylish tees.
- Don't forget to layer: Make sure to get the essential hoodie or cardigan for easy layering. From chilly mornings at the bus stop to sweaty afternoon gym classes, they’ll need something fuss-free to throw on and off throughout the day.
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL ORGANIZATION FROM MOMTRENDS
- Welcome back-to-school party ideas
- 5 ways to put a positive spin on back to school
- 8 ways to make back-to-school mornings easier
The Best Japanese Beauty Products
I am sure most of you have heard about K-Beauty at this point. A K-Beauty skincare regimen involves numerous steps from cleansing, to toning and various levels of moisturizing. It is involved but yields serious results. With that being said, maybe you can’t commit to a routine ...read more
Stylish Beach Accessories for a Day in the Sun, Sand, and Surf
I've been coveting this Eugenia Kim sun hat that's been all over Instagram for the past two months. With a wide-brim and the words "Do Not Disturb" embroidered on the front, it's the ideal accessory for a quiet day of reading on the beach. Built-in shade, some peaceful privacy, ...read more
How to Get Your Child Involved in Ski Racing
Do you ever watch the Winter Olympics with your family? We sure do at this house. Seeing the ski racers fly down the mountains was a big part of what attracted our girls to ski racing, but the biggest draw was friendship and time spent in the snow. If you are wondering how to get ...read more
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Back to School board for more tips.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.