With back-to-school season kicking off soon, we are knee-deep in planning mode. To help us prep for this exciting (and busy) season, we are sharing some tips from Melissa Keswin, Director of Kids at GILT. Check out some of her tips and trend ideas to make back-to-school shopping a breeze.
Back-to-School Shopping Tips
- You shop for it, they style it: We complain about what our kids want to wear every day, yet we buy it! Squash these daily dilemmas by picking out complementary mix and match basics so there’s little chance of things going too Punky Brewster. Then they can dress themselves – minus the morning conflict -- which gives them confidence and a strong sense of self!
- Buy multiples of go-to pieces: Make sure to stock up on those key pieces kids really need: Sneakers, jeans, and T-shirts, T-shirts, T-shirts! Spills are bound to happen (paint, food, glue), so buy several of their favorites so they’re set for a while. I love brands like Ever After, Rowdy Sprout, and Joah Love, who all make comfy, affordable, and stylish tees.
- Don't forget to layer: Make sure to get the essential hoodie or cardigan for easy layering. From chilly mornings at the bus stop to sweaty afternoon gym classes, they’ll need something fuss-free to throw on and off throughout the day.
MORE BACK TO SCHOOL ORGANIZATION FROM MOMTRENDS
- Welcome back-to-school party ideas
- 5 ways to put a positive spin on back to school
- 8 ways to make back-to-school mornings easier
The Best Ski Socks for Women
Warm feet make the ski day so much more fun. Investing in good ski socks can improve your time on snow. We're sharing our picks for the best ski socks for women. Decide on the thickness and compression you need and then stock up. The 10 Best Ski Socks for Women Check out our ...read more
10 Things to Do on Your Okemo Ski Vacation
This popular East Coast ski resort has been helping families create snowy fun with families for decades. A few years ago Vail Resorts bought the property and has continues to invest in the family-friendly fun. They focus on getting kids and outdoors - because ski moms know the ...read more
Plan a Family King Pine Ski Vacation
Some of my favorite travel memories involve being outdoors in the snow with my girls. We have the best time on the lifts telling stories and plotting our perfect runs (and the perfect hot cocoa break). I work hard to carve out vacation time with the kids--time to connect and make ...read more
Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Back to School board for more tips.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.