Valentine's Day is just around the corner and today we're sharing the perfect Valentine's Day cocktail. This cocktail is red, of course, but is also good for your health and can improve one's under-the-covers performance (ahem).
Much like my New Year's Eve, I like to stay in on Valentine's Day. Why battle the crowds? All the awkward first-date-on-Valentine's couples and those pairs who don't really like each other, but still decided they "should" go out? And the prix-fixe meals that leave you with limited options for a larger price? Hard pass.
Instead, I'll take cooking a late dinner with my husband. Or ordering out. Or letting him cook. While I usually like to enjoy a nice bottle of Barbera or Cabernet with my Valentine's Day dinner, starting off with a fun, festive cocktail just turns the evening into something special.
Fresh-pressed juices and clean eating are still all the rage, so this year, I'll be celebrating love with a cocktail featuring squeezed-fresh Orange Beet juice from Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company. With flavors like Blood Orange, Orange Cranberry, Strawberry Lemonade and Carrot Tomato Celery and others, I love that all of Natalie’s juices have just four ingredients or less – and you'll be able to pronounce every single one of them. And as an added bonus, Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company is women-owned and family-run.
Benefits of Valentine’s Day Beet Juice Cocktail
This cocktail relies on Natalie's Orange Beet Juice which I admit, is not the first flavor I think of when I'm putting together a cocktail. But here's what makes it good for Valentine's Day.
- It's red. Really red. Of course. A must for any Valentine's Day cocktail.
- Beet juice is good for...down there. Beet juice has been shown to lower blood pressure and enhance blood flow in the body. Which, you know, can help with certain under-the-cover performances that rely on good blood flow....
- Vitamin C helps your overall health. Boosting your immune system, lowering hypertension, and helping your cardiovascular system are just a few of the benefits of Vitamin C-rich OJ. Plus, it, too, can help your body with that all-important blood flow.
Here's the cocktail I concocted. I'm calling it Kate's Bedroom Booster. You're welcome.
Valentine’s Day Beet Juice Cocktail Ingredients
- 1 oz. Natalie’s Orange Beet Juice
- 1 oz. gin
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup / agave nectar
- Squeeze of lime
Valentine’s Day Beet Juice Cocktail Directions
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add Natalie’s Orange Beet juice, simple syrup, gin and squeeze of lime. Shake until cold.
- Strain into martini glass and enjoy!
Want something different? Try this Orange Beet Vodka Cocktail. Feeling more tropical? Try the Drop the Beets cocktail with pineapple and rum. Or this Orange-Beet Mimosa if you're celebrating your V-day before noon. Visit their website to see all the flavors of Natalie’s Orchid Island Juice Company and find a retailer near you.
MORE WAYS TO MAKE IT A HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Be sure to follow our Cocktail Chic Pinterest Board and pin your favorite cocktail recipes.
Please drink responsibly. Momtrends was not paid for this post. We did receive juice samples.