Well, this week was a doozy. One thing I think we all can raise a glass to is there there's nothing bad about a good cocktail. Here are three cocktails - a red, a white and a blue - that you can celebrate or commiserate over.
The Red: Pomegranate Cosmo
- 16 oz Vodka
- 8 oz pomegranate juice
- 8 oz orange liquer
- 1/2 lime juice
Mix all of the ingredients together and pour in a chilled glass. This drink is best served cold so put it in the refrigerator until serving. Makes 6 drinks. (via EatFeastly)
The White: White Velvet
- 1 cup chocolate vodka
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Edible glitter (optional)
1. To rim the cocktail glasses in edible glitter, add a small amount of water to a small plate. Add about 1/4 of a cup of glitter to a second plate.Roll the outside edge of the cocktail glasses in the water and then the glitter. Set aside.
2. Add the vodka and condensed milk to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and then strain into the prepared glasses. Serve immediately. (via Tablespoon)
The Blue: The Royal Blue
- Lime wedge
- Coarse sugar or granulated sugar
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz) citron vodka or vodka
- 2 tablespoons (1 oz) blue curacao
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1.Moisten rim of chilled martini glass with lime wedge. Sprinkle sugar onto small plate, and dip moistened rim into the sugar to coat lightly.
2.Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add cranberry juice, vodka, curacao and lime juice; cover and shake. Strain into martini glass. Makes 1. (via BettyCrocker)
This is not a sponsored post.