I'm hoping your Cinco de Mayo a few days ago was filled with hot chips, delicious guac and a nice cold margarita. If not, have your own belated Cinco celebration this weekend with one of these two alternative riffs on the traditional margarita. Olé!
I don't know about you, but fresh, delicious looking strawberries have started showing up at my local markets which makes this strawberry margarita a high-priority item on my agenda. Plus it's a dump-and-blend kind of recipe which is just what my weekend is calling for.
- 3 1/2 cups strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Lime wedges (optional)
Family Friendly Hotel in Breckenridge
Breckenridge Colorado is a haven for families that love to ski and snowboard. The town is home to one of the largest resorts in Colorado, plus it boasts a robust arts scene and wonderful food options. That's why families keep coming back to this destination ski town. One thing ...read more
Tips for Skiing Breckenridge with Your Family
Before you book your family ski trip this season be sure to read the dozens of resort reviews we've done at Momtrends. My family is lucky to have skied at more than 50 North American destinations. We got the chance to test out the slopes at Breckenridge last year and have worked ...read more
Vail Resorts Opening Dates for 2021-22 Ski Season
Vail Resorts today announced the opening dates of its 34 North American resorts. If things go according to plan, Keystone in Colorado will be the first to host skiers and riders this winter. Vail's opening dates for the 2021-22 ski and riding season are subject to change due to ...read more
- Combine strawberries, ice, tequila, lime juice, sugar, and liqueur in a blender, and process until the mixture is smooth. Pour the margaritas into 4 large glasses. Garnish margaritas with a lime wedge, if desired. Serve immediately. (Recipe from Cooking Light)
Skinny Pineapple Margarita
Here's one we shared on our Facebook page earlier this week - a tangy pineapple marg with no added sugar! I think my favorite part of this recipe might be that it makes six serving, or you know, enough for you and a girlfriend. *wink*
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup cold white tequila
- 1 cup cold pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice, plus 1 lime wedge
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Ice cubes
- Pineapple slices for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish
- Combine salt and lime zest on a small plate.
- Combine tequila, pineapple juice, lime juice and orange juice in a pitcher.
- Rub the rims of 6 glasses with the lime wedge and dip in the salt mixture. Fill the glasses with ice and top with about 1/2 cup margarita mixture each. Garnish with pineapple and lime, if desired. (Recipe from Eating Well)
Cheers! Now check out what they are serving up this weekend over at The Shopping Mama!