I'm hoping your Cinco de Mayo a few days ago was filled with hot chips, delicious guac and a nice cold margarita. If not, have your own belated Cinco celebration this weekend with one of these two alternative riffs on the traditional margarita. Olé!
I don't know about you, but fresh, delicious looking strawberries have started showing up at my local markets which makes this strawberry margarita a high-priority item on my agenda. Plus it's a dump-and-blend kind of recipe which is just what my weekend is calling for.
- 3 1/2 cups strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups crushed ice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cointreau (orange-flavored liqueur)
- Lime wedges (optional)
The Best Japanese Beauty Products
I am sure most of you have heard about K-Beauty at this point. A K-Beauty skincare regimen involves numerous steps from cleansing, to toning and various levels of moisturizing. It is involved but yields serious results. With that being said, maybe you can’t commit to a routine ...read more
Stylish Beach Accessories for a Day in the Sun, Sand, and Surf
I've been coveting this Eugenia Kim sun hat that's been all over Instagram for the past two months. With a wide-brim and the words "Do Not Disturb" embroidered on the front, it's the ideal accessory for a quiet day of reading on the beach. Built-in shade, some peaceful privacy, ...read more
How to Get Your Child Involved in Ski Racing
Do you ever watch the Winter Olympics with your family? We sure do at this house. Seeing the ski racers fly down the mountains was a big part of what attracted our girls to ski racing, but the biggest draw was friendship and time spent in the snow. If you are wondering how to get ...read more
- Combine strawberries, ice, tequila, lime juice, sugar, and liqueur in a blender, and process until the mixture is smooth. Pour the margaritas into 4 large glasses. Garnish margaritas with a lime wedge, if desired. Serve immediately. (Recipe from Cooking Light)
Skinny Pineapple Margarita
Here's one we shared on our Facebook page earlier this week - a tangy pineapple marg with no added sugar! I think my favorite part of this recipe might be that it makes six serving, or you know, enough for you and a girlfriend. *wink*
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 cup cold white tequila
- 1 cup cold pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice, plus 1 lime wedge
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Ice cubes
- Pineapple slices for garnish
- Lime slices for garnish
- Combine salt and lime zest on a small plate.
- Combine tequila, pineapple juice, lime juice and orange juice in a pitcher.
- Rub the rims of 6 glasses with the lime wedge and dip in the salt mixture. Fill the glasses with ice and top with about 1/2 cup margarita mixture each. Garnish with pineapple and lime, if desired. (Recipe from Eating Well)
Cheers! Now check out what they are serving up this weekend over at The Shopping Mama!