Now that summer is well underway, I know many people are on the hunt for a simple summer cocktail to enjoy especially when entertaining friends and family for barbecues and impromptu summer gatherings,... or even casually sipping poolside.
Wine is one of my favorite spirits, and I am pretty sure that I am in good company when I say I love to sit back, relax, and unwind with a nice glass of wine.
My friends and I recently visited a winery in the Pocono, PA, area and they introduced us to a lovely and totally refreshing way to enjoy wine: wine slushies.
Almost immediately after returning home from the winery, I decided to experiment with making my own wine slushies, so I can cool off with an icy cocktail any time I want on a hot summer day.
Wine slushies are fun and easy to make! But first you need to start by choosing your favorite wine. I recommend selecting a light Pinot Grigio or a beautiful blush rosé as the star ingredient in your wine slushie. I chose to use peaches in my wine slushies, but feel free to pick your favorite fruit to incorporate.
Wine Slushies Are The Perfect Simple Summer Cocktail
- Pour approximately a 1/4 cup of wine and frozen or fresh fruit to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour in the remainder of the bottle of wine (reserve a small amount of wine for later) and blend until it is all incorporated.
- Pour the blended mixture into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Once frozen, place the cubes into the blender (generally a handful at a time, depending on how many slushies you are making).
- Add the small amount of wine that you reserved in order to make blending easier and blend until the mixture resembles a slushy consistency.
- Pour into wine glasses and add a straw, cocktail umbrella and a slice of fresh fruit to garnish (if desired), then sip and enjoy.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.