This quick Mexican casserole recipe arrived just in time. This week, and next, my husband is off taking a two week long class for work, which means I'm only feeding three people for dinner--myself, my nine-year-old and my six-year-old. As any mom will tell you, the lack of a second adult is a great time for all the quick and easy meals that take little time or prep work. So far, we have had meatball subs, grilled chicken burgers, and taco stuffed baked potatoes. I have to admit, I'm really enjoying the break from meal planning.
Since we have another week to go, I started going through some favorite old recipes and settled on this Mexican casserole for the weekend. I actually think I may make two of them at once and freeze one. It's a great freezer meal and will be nice to have on hand for another busy night in the future.
QUICK MEXICAN CASSEROLE
1lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion (more if you like)
2 tsp chili powder
1 1/4 cup salsa (your choice, we use mild for F&B)
1 package frozen corn
1/2 cup sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Women’s Ski World Cup Returns to Killington 2021
In our house, we celebrate the arrival of winter, and we love girls who ski fast! I'm so excited that World Cup skiing is returning to the East Coast. Killington 2021 Women’s Ski World Cup Tickets are on sale now. We attended the races two years ago and the experience was ...read more
- Saute & drain the ground beef and onion.
- Add chili powder, salsa and corn, simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Spray a square pan with baking spray and layer tortillas on the bottom (I cut mine to fit).
- Top with about 2/3 of the meat mixture, then spread the sour cream on top, sprinkle with cheese.
- Layer more tortillas on top, then top with the remaining meat and sprinkle with more cheese.
- Cover with foil & bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees, then uncovered & bake for 5 more till the cheese on top is melted.