While my parents are visiting, my family is having an early Easter turkey dinner this week. However, next weekend, we'll also be having a smaller Easter ham dinner when it is just the four of us.
Related: Craft Corner Easter Peep DIY Banner
While I had a few ideas on what to make, this Mustard Glaze Ham from Boar's Head arrived in my inbox at the perfect time and I now know exactly what I'm going to do with my Easter ham. I'm thinking it will be a perfect flavor for leftovers too--I already can't wait for ham salad and boiled eggs!
Mustard Glazed Ham Easter Recipe
5 lbs Boar's Head Sweet Slice® Smoked Ham
3 tbsp Boar's Head Delicatessen Style Mustard
1½ cups Brown Sugar
½ tsp Ginger, Ground
½ cup Water
Mustard Glazed Ham Directions
- Remove ham from packaging and lightly score in diamond pattern with a sharp knife.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan. Add water to pan.
- In separate bowl blend brown sugar, mustard and ginger with fork.
- Pat a thin layer of glaze on entire surface of ham.
- Tent ham with aluminum foil, sealing edges tightly to the pan.
- Bake in preheated 325°F conventional oven 15 minutes per pound.
- Remove ham 15 minutes before it finishes baking.
- Remove foil and apply additional glaze if desired.
- Raise oven temperature to 425°F and bake uncovered for remaining 15 minutes.
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
Planning Snack Sized Fall Family Adventures
Fall is simply the best time of year for family adventures. When you live in New England, nature simply beckons you outdoors. Life was simpler when the girls were little, we had wide open calendars and outdoor adventures were easier to execute. But now with school plays, cross ...read more
Celebrate with Kids Around the World: Dia de Muertos
Dia de Muertos is probably Mexico's most popular holiday. Dia De Muertos is also known as Day of the Dead. So you can guess what kind of party this is... A celebration of the dead. And it falls just after Halloween. As part of our ongoing Celebrate Kids Around the World series, ...read more
What are you cooking this week? We think this recipe is perfect for casual entertaining or a family supper. When you wonder what to make for Easter--this is a go-to recipe for you.
Try serving it with these traditional hot cross buns from 5minutesformom.com
MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cutest and craftiest Easter desserts
- Make an Easter Fairy Garden
- DIY Easter Bunny Basket and Bunny Game
Use Pinterest to save your favorite entertaining ideas. Be sure to follow our Easter Pinterest board here.
This is not a sponsored post.