I can not believe that I am saying this, because it is so hard to fathom, but summer is winding down.
For many families, the school year has already begun!
Fall is quickly approaching but there are plenty of summer days and warm nights left before the cool crisp weather arrives. One thing there is definitely time for before we wave goodbye to summer is dinner alongside some refreshing cocktails.
A favorite cocktail of mine that is simple, delicious and will always remind me of lazy summer days is a vodka tonic. Vodka tonics are the perfect drink for hanging out at the pool with family or on the deck with friends.
One of the most essential ingredients in a vodka tonic is lime juice. Make sure you head to the grocery store and grab some fresh limes to use as this will enhance the flavor of the drink. Also pick up some sprigs of rosemary, as it makes the perfect garnish for this refreshing drink. If you are not a fan of rosemary, then feel free to add mint or even a sprig of lavender. Don't be afraid to get creative, since this is a great drink to experiment with different flavors.
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
Why Moms are Loving This Blueberry Couscous Salad
It's blueberry picking time. And while most blueberry recipes revolve around baked goods, we've got something different to share. First, a few sentences singing the praises of this lovely fruit. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, improve memory function and reduce the effects ...read more
Here is a Simple and Refreshing Vodka Cocktail Recipe
- Vodka (I like to use vodka from a local distillery but you can choose whichever is your favorite)
- Lime (fresh lime taste best)
How to create the perfect vodka tonic
- Get a tall glass and fill it about halfway with ice. (The typical glass for a vodka tonic is a highball glass, which hold between 8 and 12 ounces).
- Squeeze a whole lime directly on top of the ice.
- Pour a shot of vodka over the ice (use a shot glass if you are not sure how much vodka to use).
- Fill the rest of the glass with tonic. The best ratio to use is 1 part of vodka to 2-3 parts of tonic. You can adjust depending on the strength of the drink you are looking for.
- Add a squeeze of lime to top it off.
- Stir and mix everything together.
- Add a sprig or two of fresh rosemary.
- Grab a straw, sip and enjoy!