If there is one area of my life that could use more organization, it's my week days. On school/work days, the days seem too short and are frequently hectic. So, I'm always looking for ways to streamline our week day routine. I was thrilled to connect with Tidy Tova, a professional organizer who gave us some tips for making the week days run more smoothly...Her first tip was to create a weekly menu plan. I'm definitely going to start making my own menu plans and the Fodeez peel and stick frame is perfect to write them on!
1. Write a menu plan that you can repeat. Odds are that your children's favorite meals are limited, so stick to what they like to eat and plan accordingly. Fish sticks with a veggie on Mondays, Pasta on Tuesdays, etc. Keep it simple and get in the habit of keeping the necessary ingredients in your fridge.
2. Create a space to store items needed for after-school activities. Instead of running around the house searching for tutus or karate belts, allocate a tote or bag with everything you'll need to take your child to their extracurricular activity. Keep the bag on a hook between uses so you can grab it on your way out.
3. Get in the habit of emptying backpacks at the end of each day. You don't want your child to drown in a sea of teacher's notes, projects and uneaten snacks. Spend a couple of minutes helping your child throw away any trash and emptying out unneeded contents from their backpacks.
4. Keep a public to-do list that everyone can use. Hang a dry erase board on your fridge and list top priority to-dos. Make sure that others, like your husband or nanny, can help accomplish the tasks and add their own.
5. Spend ten minutes tidying at the end of the day. Disorganization can happen quickly so keeping things in check is incredibly important to keep your house in order. Set a timer, turn on a couple of quicks songs and place items back where they belong. All clothing should be hung, laundered or folded and mail should be sorted daily.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given samples for review.