If there is one area of my life that could use more organization, it's my week days. On school/work days, the days seem too short and are frequently hectic. So, I'm always looking for ways to streamline our week day routine. I was thrilled to connect with Tidy Tova, a professional organizer who gave us some tips for making the week days run more smoothly...Her first tip was to create a weekly menu plan. I'm definitely going to start making my own menu plans and the Fodeez peel and stick frame is perfect to write them on!
1. Write a menu plan that you can repeat. Odds are that your children's favorite meals are limited, so stick to what they like to eat and plan accordingly. Fish sticks with a veggie on Mondays, Pasta on Tuesdays, etc. Keep it simple and get in the habit of keeping the necessary ingredients in your fridge.
2. Create a space to store items needed for after-school activities. Instead of running around the house searching for tutus or karate belts, allocate a tote or bag with everything you'll need to take your child to their extracurricular activity. Keep the bag on a hook between uses so you can grab it on your way out.
3. Get in the habit of emptying backpacks at the end of each day. You don't want your child to drown in a sea of teacher's notes, projects and uneaten snacks. Spend a couple of minutes helping your child throw away any trash and emptying out unneeded contents from their backpacks.
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
4. Keep a public to-do list that everyone can use. Hang a dry erase board on your fridge and list top priority to-dos. Make sure that others, like your husband or nanny, can help accomplish the tasks and add their own.
5. Spend ten minutes tidying at the end of the day. Disorganization can happen quickly so keeping things in check is incredibly important to keep your house in order. Set a timer, turn on a couple of quicks songs and place items back where they belong. All clothing should be hung, laundered or folded and mail should be sorted daily.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given samples for review.