Planning on making some changes to your look in the mew year? It doesn't have to be overly complicated. We've looked to the mom A-list and then added in tips from Carol Tuttle, style therapist and the author of Dressing Your Truth: Discover Your Personal Beauty Profile.
1. Be daring and try that new hairstyle you've been curious about--Halle Berry is never afraid to try something new. Don't worry about what other's may think; do what feels right for you and allows you to have some fun with your look!
2. Purge your closet of all the things you never wear: the impulse buys, and the items you talked yourself into--have you ever seen mom-to-be Penelope Cruz in a outfit that doesn't work? NO. There's no need to wear something just because you feel guilty for buying it in the first place '?? just let it go if you don't really love it.
3. Vow to invest in some high quality shoes and handbags when you're feeling the urge to splurge--just like SJP. A fabulous pair of shoes and a stylish handbag can pull an outfit together and set you apart from the crowd. You don't need to own a closet full of shoes and bags; it's more important to own a few pairs that make you feel fashionable and sexy.
Five Tips To For a Girl's First Leg Shave
Do you remember your first time shaving? Mine wasn’t pretty. I snuck my dad’s razor and shaved my legs dry. It wasn’t pretty. Get your daughter ready for this rite of passage with the right tools and a quick education. We've got five tips to help you navigate your daughter's ...read more
Why You Should Add Wild Blueberries to Your Diet
Do your New Year's goals involve healthier eating? Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet? Or even adding tasty new recipes to your repertoire? We've got five reasons for you to add wild blueberries to your diet. Our friends from the Wild Blueberry Association have ...read more
Why Moms are Loving This Blueberry Couscous Salad
It's blueberry picking time. And while most blueberry recipes revolve around baked goods, we've got something different to share. First, a few sentences singing the praises of this lovely fruit. Blueberries are high in antioxidants, improve memory function and reduce the effects ...read more
4. Take a risk and experiment more with makeup in 2011! Singer and actress Christina Aguilara is never afraid to experiment with bold colors Did 2010 leave you lazy and resorting to the lip gloss and mascara trend so many women get caught in? Give your beauty routine a jolt by perking up your cheeks with a soft blush in a neutral pink color. Take a few extra minutes to rim your beautiful eyes with a soft brown eyeliner. And of course, top it all off with a woman's best friend, mascara! Extra points if you try a non-black color.
5. Resolve to get your nails and toes in shape, and keep them that way--check out Gwenn Stefani's perfect nails. Regular manicures and pedicures do wonders in helping you feel feminine. If you can't afford regular salon visits, set aside some time to pamper yourself at home.
6. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. Check out Jessica Alba--she's got great glasses a cool watch and has baby rocking a cool hat. Great style is not created by clothing alone '?? the right accessories can make all the difference! If you've let your accessorizing slip, a fabulous necklace, pair of earrings, striking belt, pin, or hair piece will help your outfit pop. These add-ons make getting dressed fun, and wouldn't you rather be having fun in the morning instead of feeling stressed out about what to wear?
Momtrends was not paid for this post.