I love all the faux fur that has popped up in fashion. It allows me to feel warm and cozy without an ethical dilemma. We're going to make it easy to wear and enjoy this trend. The weather here in NYC has turned chilly and it's a perfect time to add a few layers.
For our this look I started at Zappos.com. Did you know Zappos has fab fashions? This DKNY sweater vest with faux fur is a steal at $69.
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Women’s Ski World Cup Returns to Killington 2021
In our house, we celebrate the arrival of winter, and we love girls who ski fast! I'm so excited that World Cup skiing is returning to the East Coast. Killington 2021 Women’s Ski World Cup Tickets are on sale now. We attended the races two years ago and the experience was ...read more
Opening Days for Colorado Ski Resorts
Today I put the snow tires back on my SUV, and that means ski season is coming. In fact, I can see snow at the top of Lincoln Peak here in Sugarbush. And there's more news, out West, they are already open at A-Basin. Here's the scoop on openings as you start to plan your ski ...read more
For this look I raided my closet. I paired it with a white tee, old Ralph Lauren belt, jeans and RL boots. So basically the fresh fall look only cost $69! The vest came with a knit sweater belt, but I like the trim look of a wider belt with fur. If I didn't have such a large boot collection already, I'd be eying this pair from Frye to complete the look.
Understated Ways to Style Fur Accessories
Now let's talk about how you are going to wear fur this fall. Let's go over the rules:
1. Don't go overboard. Pick an item and call it a day. Scarf, sweater, hat, or vest. Unless you have your own reality show, a little fur goes a long way.
2. Be a friend to faux. We believe in being as PETA-friendly as possible.
3. Keep the rest of the look neutral. Gray, camel, black--these are all great colors to pair with your furry outfit.
4. Proportion matters. Fur is going to add some bulk to your frame. Keep the rest of your outfit sleek. Petite women especially need to be wary of being looked like a bear swallowed them.
5. Accessories should be minimal. Earrings are fine, but a chunky necklace would be overkill.
MORE FASHION TIPS FOR MOMS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Fall Fashion Trends Pinterest board here.