Momtrends joined forces with Star Wars' Sunstar G.U.M for an out-of-this world evening. Jedi Knights and their masters in training (mom bloggers) attacked Ripley'??s Believe It Or Not in NYC to learn more about the new Star Wars' toothbrushes and oral health for their young troops.
Upon entering the museum, Bellamy Blue Photographers apprehended the troops for a fun backdrop photo op.
Kris Strange of MyStrangeFamily and Baby H
Kiddos enjoyed a host of activities including the the Laser Race- a maze of red laser beams, the black hole, Star Wars' arts and crafts and a museum scavenger hunt.
While the knights played, the bloggers joined Dr. Ignelzi, DDS, PhD, a pediatric dentist and orthodontist in Greensboro, NC for vital information on oral health care for children.
Defend against cavities with these tips from Dr. Ignelzi:
- Make sure you have the right amount of fluoride - 20 to 40%.
- Avoid sticky food. Fruit roll ups are the worst food for children's teeth. Sugar dissolves to acid, rotting the tooth.
- Make your child'??s first dental visit on their first birthday.
- Floss as soon as your child will tolerate it. Use the floss pick for ease.
- Get into a routine. Brush morning and night. 86% of dentists agree the routine of brushing your teeth is important.
- Replace toothbrush every three months or once bristles splay.
- Rinse with fluoride rinse as soon as your child is coordinated enough and can spit.
- Get sealants on permanent teeth. Not on baby teeth. 90% of cavities in permanent teeth begin in the groves. Sealant can prevent 9 out of 10 cavities.
- Get fluoride in water. Buy bottled water with fluoride. Dannon water to go. Bottle water. Dentist or doctor can write script for kids.
Check out Dark Side, Good Habitsfor even more information.
Following the presentation Darth Vader and a Storm Trooper surprised the troops. And boy, what a surprise that was!
Three types of toothbrushes are available to get your little one to brush like a Jedi.
The G.U.M Star Wars'Lightsaber toothbrush is a battery-operated brush that flashes in character specific colors for 60-second intervals to help train kids to brush longer and ensure better oral health. Available in three character designs: Anakin Skywalker, Yoda and Darth Vader. Retail price $3.49 at GUMbrand.
The G.U.M Star Wars' Power Toothbrush features battery operated ultra soft oscillating bristles and a built in suction cup to reduce counter clutter and keep the brush clean. Available in Darth Vader and Clone Captain Rex. Retail price $5.99 at GUMbrand.
The G.U.M Star Wars'?¢ Manual Toothbrush twinpack is available in four characters: Anakin Skywalker, Yoda, Darth Vader and Clone Captain Rex. Designed with a unique thumb grip and soft bristles with Dome Trim. Retail price $2.99 at GUMbrand.
Through March 15, 2012, G.U.M is hosting the G.U.M Brush Like a Jedi sweepstakes on their Facebook page. GUM will be giving away G.U.M Star Wars'?¢ toothbrush prize packs every day through the end of the contest. In addition to the toothbrushes, entrants will also be entered for a chance to win a trip for a family of four (two adults, two children) to the Star Wars' Celebration VI event in Orlando, FL on August 23-26, 2012. The four-day package includes Celebration VI passes, travel and accommodations. For more about the event, visit Star Wars Celebration.
This was a sponsored event put on by the Momtrends event team. Many thanks to all of our sponsors who made this night possible! To find out how to get involved or invited, email Sherri (at) momtrends (dot) com.
Sherri Schubert is our Events Editor for Momtrends. She lives in NYC with her husband and two children. Sherri's our go-to resource for event planning and covers many fashion events. Contact her at Sherri (at) momtrends (dot) com.