Its the most wonderful time of the year the time to go out and get all those gifts for the people in your life. And maybe a little something for yourself along the way. Does this situation sound familiar: Long list with folks that already have everything? I'm teaming up with American Express to inspire you to shop better and smarter this holiday season. We've got ideas for the really, really difficult folks on your list and ideas to help you turn points into the best gifts of the season.
This year we've racked up the points--mostly from renovation and travel. Now it's time to use the American Express Membership Rewards® Program and put those points to work.
Here's what I've got on my list: For the sitter that always shows up on time: Beats By Dr. Dre Executive Headphones Was: 49,750 points Now: 39,800 points (Save: 9,950 points). When the kids are alseep, she can finally listen to "her" type of music. Thank you again for the tolerating the endless loop of Demi Lovato.
For the my husband who loves to mix a great cocktail:Wine Enthusiast® Madison Avenue Whiskey Glasses Set of 2 4,530 Points. Thanks for knowing when a refreshing drink is the solution to a long day.
For my BFF that is always there for me: Michael Kors Karmen Ladies' Sunglasses 15,890 Points. I know your kids are always causing you to lose your shades. May these ones last!
The best grandma in the world deserves to sparkle and shine: Dooney and Bourke Lambskin Metallic O-Ring Handbag 39,570 Points. She's chic AND doesn't charge for babysitting.
And finally, On my wish list: Alex and Ani stacking bracelets Lotus Peace Petals / Star of Venus 25,630 Points. Attention all husbands--this brand is the HOT gift this season take note!
Need more ideas? Here are 7 Ways to Shop Smarter this Holiday:
1. Choose items from ShopAmex.com Pick from brands you love--like KitchenAid, Michael Kors, TUMI. For the month of November, American Express will have 20% off of some very popular brands.
2. Give a gift card. The size is always right! You can use points to buy gift cards too.
3. Go mobile. Shop on the go with your phone. In November, you can use new Mobile Gift Card Feature on the American Express App to use points to download gift cards instantly.
4. Give an experience. Cut the clutter of the holiday and give tickets to a live game or performance. You can log onto your account while on Ticketmaster adn opt to pay for your tickets with points.
5.Give back. Donate poins to hundreds of local charities in honor of someone on your list. Giving back is a great way to teach the kids the REAL meaning of the season.
6. One stop shopping on Amazon. You can use points as a default when you checkout on Amazon.
7. Get out of town. Turn points into a trip.
For more ideas head to http://bit.ly/ShopAmex
I was selected by American Express as to help educate consumers about how to use Membership Rewards points. As such I was paid for my services, but all gift choices selected and opinions about the gifts and American Express are my own