We want you to keep up with the fall fashion trends. And lace was a runway favorite. You always want to avoid mom jeans. But you also need to steer clear of grandma'??s tablecloth. With lace on the runway for fall, it'??s important to keep this trend under control and to be a fashion DO! (hint: we love this Joie top paired with jeans). Here are a few tips on how to wear lace.
* One lace item is enough for an outfit. Any more is overkill. The rest of your outfit should be a solid pattern with simple texture. This lace vest (Only Hearts $85) would be a great addition to your wardrobe, under a boyfriend blazer or with a pencil skirt.
* A pop of lace is always a nice feminine touch, and it's not as intimidating as a full lace piece. You can even mix frill with actual function with the Lace Boobtube by Miss Oops ($25). Available in white, tan and black, it's a great solution to just a peep of the pretty (while also solving any too-low-cut shirt issue).
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
* Avoid wearing jewelry with lace. Big clunky bangle bracelets overpower the lace's subtle delicacies, while dainty jewelry can get lost in the design. Let a great purse and pair of shoes do the rest of the talking.
* Go for fine lace, since larger patterns can resemble a doily (once again, something to be left at grandma's house). This French lace mini skirt ($138) from J.Crew would look very feminine with tights, flats and fitted tweed blazer.
* Lace panels on clothing are a safe alternative to full lace garments. We like this very versatile fitted cardi from piperlime ($84) with front panels of delicate lace. Perfect with jeans or skirts.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.