We want you to keep up with the fall fashion trends. And lace was a runway favorite. You always want to avoid mom jeans. But you also need to steer clear of grandma'??s tablecloth. With lace on the runway for fall, it'??s important to keep this trend under control and to be a fashion DO! (hint: we love this Joie top paired with jeans). Here are a few tips on how to wear lace.
* One lace item is enough for an outfit. Any more is overkill. The rest of your outfit should be a solid pattern with simple texture. This lace vest (Only Hearts $85) would be a great addition to your wardrobe, under a boyfriend blazer or with a pencil skirt.
* A pop of lace is always a nice feminine touch, and it's not as intimidating as a full lace piece. You can even mix frill with actual function with the Lace Boobtube by Miss Oops ($25). Available in white, tan and black, it's a great solution to just a peep of the pretty (while also solving any too-low-cut shirt issue).
We Found the Best Holiday Photo Card Deals
I like to send my cards early. It helps friends and family keep up with our address (and the ages of our kids). I'm getting a jump on the Christmas season by ordering my cards early. Once again, we found the best holiday photo card deals on Minted. Now is the time to order ...read more
Hostess Holiday Gift Guide
There is a lot of work that goes into throwing a holiday party or hosting family. When you are visiting your friends and family, it is customary to bring something as a gesture of thanks. While wine is always nice, we rounded up some other unique items to show the person that is ...read more
Best Gifts for Grandparents
Grandparents are incredibly special. The spoil our kids wholeheartedly, and love them unconditionally. They change diapers, buy presents, make meals, read bedtime stories, kiss boo-boos, and basically act as a second set of parents. And these amazing people deserve some love ...read more
* Avoid wearing jewelry with lace. Big clunky bangle bracelets overpower the lace's subtle delicacies, while dainty jewelry can get lost in the design. Let a great purse and pair of shoes do the rest of the talking.
* Go for fine lace, since larger patterns can resemble a doily (once again, something to be left at grandma's house). This French lace mini skirt ($138) from J.Crew would look very feminine with tights, flats and fitted tweed blazer.
* Lace panels on clothing are a safe alternative to full lace garments. We like this very versatile fitted cardi from piperlime ($84) with front panels of delicate lace. Perfect with jeans or skirts.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.