A tunic top over sleek leggings--that's a mom uniform we can endorse. We're rounding up our favorite leggings to share with readers and giving you our SEVEN RULES OF LEGGINGS. Stock up on a few pairs and then rotate your tops and accessories to keep the look fresh. Let's start with these SoCa leggings ($195). Feel supported enough to wear a shorter top in these dressy leggings. I love the look worn with high boots and a fall jacket.
Target has oodles of options for leggings at low prices. Junior sizes may scare some off-but if you want a bargain, we are loving this military trimmed legging from Xhilaration ($9.99). Instead of heels, we'd opt for booties and a olive colored tunic to complete the look.
Bali sent us a bunch of goodies recently, and we've become completely addicted to the shapewear including the Firm Control (two for $24) leggings. These need to be worn with a top that will cover your bum, but the support is awesome. I'm sad to report almost every place I checked was sold out of these!
Seven Rules of Leggings
- Show no panty lines
- Don't wear a tight top with leggings
- Dress up the footwear options (i.e.no sneakers unless you are really heading to the gym)
- Boots and booties work great with leggings
- Skip velvet and textures unless you are very thin--these fabrics add bulk.
- Don't tuck anything into the top
Momtrends was not paid for this post.