A good seven years ago, Target and Liberty of London teamed up to launch an affordably chic designer collection... and I, enthusiastically kid-free and care-free, bought pretty much everrrrrything.
Yeah, maintaining a practical budget was not at the top of my priority list at the time, so I snagged seven dresses, three bathing suits, four vases, and every home decor accent stocked on the shelves. Oh, and I bought a bike. A full-size floral paisley patterned cruiser. It was definitely an impulse purchase... especially considering the fact that I lived in a teeny-weeny NYC apartment at the time.
Long story short, that bike now resides in my shed. It's been used approximate zero times. I did hang it as art though, and that was pretty rad. It's been a few years since it's been a focal point on my wall, and I can't bring myself to dispose of it, and I'm certainly not going to ship it to an online buyer.
How to Style a Blanket Coat for Fall
Jeans and boots have become a cornerstone of my fall wardrobe. I've been looking for a cozy way to update my fall outfits and it was as easy as adding a layer. Try a blanket coat this autumn to stay warm in style. Related: The coolest sunglasses for moms right now Cozy Up With a ...read more
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Lucky for me, I have another, newer option now! Facebook Marketplace has been around for a little while, but I never paid it much mind. That is, until I attended a Halloween FaceBOOk Marketplace event where I learned all about how to utilize the platform and make the most of it. What's the connection between Oct. 31 and Marketplace, you ask? Well, think about it... Your kids wear those pricey Halloween costumes ONCE, and then they go in the trash. Why not sell them?!
Lightbulb moment! Want to make a little cash and hone your side hustle. Follow these tips for selling... whether you use Facebook Marketplace, eBay, Amazon, Craigslist, or any other site!
- Before you even think about selling, set aside time to purge the clutter. Use this day to sort items into KEEP, PURGE, SELL, and DONATE buckets. Don't just think about selling something as a one-off. Find multiple items to sell all at once. This is a more efficient use of time and a better way to bring in real money.
- Post a photo that clearly shows the item you're selling and its condition. If possible, include multiple, original photos of the item rather than a photo from a company website. Go for clean backgrounds and good lighting. You want your item to shine and stand out to potential buyers.
- Be thorough and thoughtful in your product description. Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors. If this is your new side hustle, take it seriously!
- Make sure the price is right. When you make your sale post, many platforms, like Facebook Market, will let you know what similar items are saving for. You can also search similar items to compare.
- If you're selling via Facebook Marketplace or a site like Craiglists, be sure to meet in a public location.
- Use cash or person-to-person payment methods: Buyers and sellers should offer or accept cash or person-to-person payments available via Facebook Messenger, PayPal, or Venmo.
This is not a sponsored post.