By now the costumes are done and you're getting ready to head out to round up some goodies. We've got some last minute safety tips for you and the kids to keep the holiday fun and safe.
- Trim costumes and bags with reflective tape that glows in the dark.
- Costumes should be flame-resistant and fit properly.
- Safety check: Be sure the child'??s vision is unobstructed from masks, face paint or hats. Costumes that are too long may cause kids to trip and fall, trim or hem their costumes as necessary.
- Children should wear sturdy, comfortable, slip-resistant shoes to avoid falls.
- Remind your kids to walk on sidewalks and never cut across yards or driveways. They should also obey all traffic signals and remain in designated crosswalks when crossing the street.
- Designate and adult to keep an eye on the trick or treaters.
- Trick-or-treaters should only approach houses that are well lit.
- Both children and parents should carry flashlights to see and be seen.
- Be aware of neighborhood dogs when trick-or-treating and remember that these pets can impose a threat when you approach their home.
- It'??s also a good idea to carry a cell phone while trick-or-treating in case of an emergency. If your kids are heading out alone, set a mandatory time for them to check in.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.
Inspiration and Games for a Candy Land Birthday Party
The girls had their hearts set in a colorful candy party inspired by the Candy Land board game. This party was such a blast to put together. A rainbow of colors, candy bar, and candy games! Candy Land Birthday Party Food and Drink Our party was in the afternoon, so for food we ...read more
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
Perfect for Fall Pumpkin Spice Dirt Bomb Recipe
Get your pumpkin spice fix with this tasty dirt bomb recipe. Unlike fried donuts, this recipe is a little lighter and, since no hot oil is involved, a lot less messy. These dirt bombs, or baked donuts, are irresistible cakey muffins that are spiked with nutmeg and ginger, and ...read more