Get ready for a 360 degree makeover! The people at American Laser Centers partnered with a team of health and beauty experts to share with us the latest tips and trends in make-up, fitness, wardrobe, hair, skin-care and diet.
Here are some of our favorites.
MAKE-UP (from e.l.f. cosmetics)
- Use a bronzer. Create a glow by dusting color on the hollows of your cheek, around the hairline, under the jaw, along the neck and the dÃ©colletage. Try e.l.f. (eyes, lips, face) Mineral Glow in Bronzed for $8.
- Matte red lips. Bright lips are all the rage. Try e.l.f. studio lip stain in Red Carpet for $3.
FITNESS (from Hands on Fitness)
- Combine strength and cardiovascular training 3 to 5 times per week.
- Mix-up your exercise routine to get the best results.
WARDROBE (from Derek Loves Shopping)
- Keep it clean. The white button down is not just for the office anymore.
- Be jeweled. Collect them and start bedazzling.
- Wear color. Fushia, blue, and melon are in, but wear them sparingly.
- Check out Derek Loves Shopping (shopthelook.net) for other great trends.
HAIR COLOR (from Amoy Couture Hair)
- Start Healthy. Deep condition your hair and then wait a couple of days after shampooing to give the natural oils time to resurface. This will help your hair color to set better and give you more uniform results. It takes 1 to 2 weeks to settle after coloring you hair.
- Avoid permanent hair color. Semi-permanent colors give you richer color that won'??t fade like permanent color and it is healthier for your hair.
- Keep the natural oils in your hair longer and use Instant Spray Shampoo by Psssssst (this stuff is really amazing), for a quick shampoo without water.
SKIN (from American Laser Centers and Neocutis)
- Get rid of unwanted pigmentation and broken capillaries with the Skin Rejuvenation Protocol which combines microdermabrasion and foto facial.
- Firm up and reduce cellulite. Velashape is the only FDA approved cellulite reduction treatment that provides results without downtime and discomfort. However, it is costly. The recommended four to eight treatments will run you about $1,000 to $2,000 (eating healthy and exercising is certainly less costly and longer lasting).
- Keep it simple. No matter what your skin'??s condition, keep your regimen simple. If you are using more than 3 products, twice daily, it may be time to reassess.
DIET (from the F-Factor Diet)
- Eat breakfast. I know that you hear this all of the time, just do it. It really does jump start your metabolism for the day.
- Fill up on fiber and protein. Make sure every meal is a combination of fiber and protein-they take the longest to digest.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. Products were received for review purposes only.