Don't you wish they came with instruction manuals? New parents have a lot learning to do. The tendency is to do more, more, when sometimes simpler is better. To help new parents, we're offering up some sage advice on the how-to's for babies. This week, we're talking about keeping new skin soft, free from irritation and supple.
A trusted skincare brand has come to the rescue! CeraVe® has just added a new line to their impressive skincare collection called CeraVe® Baby. The line includes a moisturizing lotion, so we thought we'd share some of our favorite skincare tips.
Skincare tips for babies
1. Don't wash baby too often. Little ones don't get that dirty. Simply wetting a soft cloth and wiping messy areas is fine. Check with your doctor to see of baths every other day will work--this will keep you from drying out skin.
TIP: in how months, be especially careful to wipe babies' face after breastfeeding. My grown-up sweat sometimes got on the baby. A clean, damp, gentle cloth was all that was needed.
2. Read the labels. If you can't identify ingredients pass on the product.
3. Change diapers frequently. Leaving a baby in a wet or soiled diaper can exacerbate rashes.
4. Wash baby's clothing before it's worn to keep clothing dyes away from baby's skin. Use a gentle detergent that is free of fragrances and dyes.
5. Keep newborns out of direct sun and use sunblock and sun-protective clothing on babies.
6. Stick to clothing made from natural fibers--they breathe better and tend to be less irritating.
Have more tips? Be sure to share them below!
CeraVe® Baby Moisturizing Lotion is formulated with 3 essential ceramides (ceramide 3, ceramide 6-II, ceramide 1) and is free of parabens and phthalates for a healthy way to care for your baby’s delicate skin. This lotion was designed to temporarily protect and help relieve chafed, chapped or cracked skin.
The CeraVe® Baby Line is available at Walmart and specialty baby retailers. Visit www.cerave.com for more information.
This is a sponsored post. CeraVe® and INVISIBLE ZINC™ are registered trademarks of the Valeant family of companies. ©2014 Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC. SK/CVE/14/0021