Don't you wish they came with instruction manuals? New parents have a lot learning to do. The tendency is to do more, more, when sometimes simpler is better. To help new parents, we're offering up some sage advice on the how-to's for babies. This week, we're talking about keeping new skin soft, free from irritation and supple.
A trusted skincare brand has come to the rescue! CeraVe® has just added a new line to their impressive skincare collection called CeraVe® Baby. The line includes a moisturizing lotion, so we thought we'd share some of our favorite skincare tips.
The Best Ski Socks for Women
Warm feet make the ski day so much more fun. Investing in good ski socks can improve your time on snow. We're sharing our picks for the best ski socks for women. Decide on the thickness and compression you need and then stock up. The 10 Best Ski Socks for Women Check out our ...read more
10 Things to Do on Your Okemo Ski Vacation
This popular East Coast ski resort has been helping families create snowy fun with families for decades. A few years ago Vail Resorts bought the property and has continues to invest in the family-friendly fun. They focus on getting kids and outdoors - because ski moms know the ...read more
Plan a Family King Pine Ski Vacation
Some of my favorite travel memories involve being outdoors in the snow with my girls. We have the best time on the lifts telling stories and plotting our perfect runs (and the perfect hot cocoa break). I work hard to carve out vacation time with the kids--time to connect and make ...read more
Skincare tips for babies
1. Don't wash baby too often. Little ones don't get that dirty. Simply wetting a soft cloth and wiping messy areas is fine. Check with your doctor to see of baths every other day will work--this will keep you from drying out skin.
TIP: in how months, be especially careful to wipe babies' face after breastfeeding. My grown-up sweat sometimes got on the baby. A clean, damp, gentle cloth was all that was needed.
2. Read the labels. If you can't identify ingredients pass on the product.
3. Change diapers frequently. Leaving a baby in a wet or soiled diaper can exacerbate rashes.
4. Wash baby's clothing before it's worn to keep clothing dyes away from baby's skin. Use a gentle detergent that is free of fragrances and dyes.
5. Keep newborns out of direct sun and use sunblock and sun-protective clothing on babies.
6. Stick to clothing made from natural fibers--they breathe better and tend to be less irritating.
Have more tips? Be sure to share them below!
CeraVe® Baby Moisturizing Lotion is formulated with 3 essential ceramides (ceramide 3, ceramide 6-II, ceramide 1) and is free of parabens and phthalates for a healthy way to care for your baby’s delicate skin. This lotion was designed to temporarily protect and help relieve chafed, chapped or cracked skin.
The CeraVe® Baby Line is available at Walmart and specialty baby retailers. Visit www.cerave.com for more information.
This is a sponsored post. CeraVe® and INVISIBLE ZINC™ are registered trademarks of the Valeant family of companies. ©2014 Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC. SK/CVE/14/0021