Don't you wish they came with instruction manuals? New parents have a lot learning to do. The tendency is to do more, more, when sometimes simpler is better. To help new parents, we're offering up some sage advice on the how-to's for babies. This week, we're talking about keeping new skin soft, free from irritation and supple.
A trusted skincare brand has come to the rescue! CeraVe® has just added a new line to their impressive skincare collection called CeraVe® Baby. The line includes a moisturizing lotion, so we thought we'd share some of our favorite skincare tips.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
Skincare tips for babies
1. Don't wash baby too often. Little ones don't get that dirty. Simply wetting a soft cloth and wiping messy areas is fine. Check with your doctor to see of baths every other day will work--this will keep you from drying out skin.
TIP: in how months, be especially careful to wipe babies' face after breastfeeding. My grown-up sweat sometimes got on the baby. A clean, damp, gentle cloth was all that was needed.
2. Read the labels. If you can't identify ingredients pass on the product.
3. Change diapers frequently. Leaving a baby in a wet or soiled diaper can exacerbate rashes.
4. Wash baby's clothing before it's worn to keep clothing dyes away from baby's skin. Use a gentle detergent that is free of fragrances and dyes.
5. Keep newborns out of direct sun and use sunblock and sun-protective clothing on babies.
6. Stick to clothing made from natural fibers--they breathe better and tend to be less irritating.
Have more tips? Be sure to share them below!
CeraVe® Baby Moisturizing Lotion is formulated with 3 essential ceramides (ceramide 3, ceramide 6-II, ceramide 1) and is free of parabens and phthalates for a healthy way to care for your baby’s delicate skin. This lotion was designed to temporarily protect and help relieve chafed, chapped or cracked skin.
The CeraVe® Baby Line is available at Walmart and specialty baby retailers. Visit www.cerave.com for more information.
This is a sponsored post. CeraVe® and INVISIBLE ZINC™ are registered trademarks of the Valeant family of companies. ©2014 Valeant Pharmaceuticals North America LLC. SK/CVE/14/0021