We all want to be healthy. But we also all have kids and work and stress and life that can leave us pulling our hair out by the week's end. So what can you do when you want to make a healthy, good-for-your-body choice AND relax after a long week? Kombucha cocktails.
By now, hopefully you're familiar with kombucha. While it was once left to health food stores and your weird aunt's cellar, kombucha has become a mainstream option for people looking to drink their probiotics. As a quick refresher, kombucha is tea fermented with a SCOBY (symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast) that makes the tea slightly bubbly and full of good bacteria that your gut needs to stay balanced.
Why mix alcohol with your kombucha? According to one source:
- Kombucha is low in sugar unlike many other juices and mixers.
- Its balance of subtle sweetness and tartness makes it a perfect mixer.
- The B Vitamins in kombucha can help prevent and lessen the effects of hangovers.
- The probiotics in kombucha aren't killed by alcohol - they actually "eat" the alcohol and make it easier for your liver to digest.
Unofficially, this pretty much makes kombucha cocktails one of the healthiest cocktails you can drink! And since there are so many interesting flavors of kombucha, the possibilities are endless!
Best Mosquito Wristband for Your Family Hikes
Do you want to know what my number one summer hiking must have is? Well, get ready because I'm giving you the lowdown on it today. You see, my family loves to hike. I mean we loooooove to hike. If there isn't a trail we can hit up while we're on vacation we are definitely not ...read more
How to Create a Cozy Reading Nook for Kids
Have a bookworm in the family? Or a struggling reader you want to encourage? Creating a cozy reading nook somewhere in your house is a great way to provide a dedicated space designed for digging into a good book. Here are the three elements of a good reading space and a few ...read more
Always brunch! And what better cocktail to have with brunch than a mimosa? With the holidays quickly approaching, gatherings will be happening more frequently as we focus more on quality time with family and friends. If you have little ones like I do, evenings can be hard to pull ...read more
- Kombucha - we like Health-Ade and Búcha kombuchas
- Liquor - vodka is an easy pairing, though we recommend experimenting with bourbon and tequila too!
- Lime juice - because just about every cocktail benefits from a squeeze of lime
- Extras - want to get fancy? Try a splash of bitters, some freshly muddled fruit or herbs
Have fun! You can't go wrong here. For fun fruity blends, we love Búcha kombucha which has delicious options like Grapefruit Sage,Verbena Rose, Guava Mango and Lemongrass Ginger. If you really want this cocktail to live up to its health claims? Be brave and try Health-Ade's Beet or Carrot kombucha. They also have yummy single flavor options like Plum, Pomegranate and California Grape. Both brands are organic, non-GMO, gluten-free, vegan and contain lots of good-for-you probiotics.
For more cocktail inspiration, head on over to The Shopping Mama to see what they are serving up tonight!