At Momtrends we believe in giving back. This month our non-profit profile goes to the national Parent Teacher Association (PTA). Think about it. Without PTA our school system would crumble.
For more than a 100 years, Parent Teacher Association (PTA) has provided support, information and resources to families focused on the health and education of children. The organization was founded in 1897 in Washington DC as the National Congress of Mothers by Alice McLellan Birney and Phoebe Apperson Hearst.
Making every child's potential a reality. The PTA serves as:
* A powerful voice for all children,
* A relevant resource for families and communities, and
* A strong advocate for the education and well-being of every child.
Back to School Central
And just in time for the back to school season, PTA provides Back to School Central as a comprehensive resource of information for the back-to-school season. Content is arranged under four categories:
* Back-to-School Preparation: Love the ideas for communicating with teachers.
* Nutrition: Packed with healthful eating tips for the family.
* Homework Help and Study Skills: Don't miss the section on homework!
* Parent Involvement and Communication: 100 ways to help your child and school succeed-wow!
Here at Momtrends we encourage all parents to get involved with his/her local school. PTA is a terrific resource--so be sure to connect this school year.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.