Hello April! It's time to get ready to layer smart and layer chic. The weirdness and wonderfulness of April weather means we need to be prepared for anything from sunny skies to sudden storms—hey, that's what makes the daffodils bloom. This is why you need a navy blazer for spring.
How to Style a Navy Blazer for Spring
This is pretty easy to pull off. All you need is a pair of great jeans and a fitted t-shirt. My cargo jeans are dark and easy to wear. I added the perfect tee from my friend Carly's collection and my trusty cardinal red tieks. You could add a scarf to this outfit or swap the flats for heels. That's the beauty of great basic clothing pieces—make them your own.
I like clean lines and pops of color. For me, the red flats make sense. Plus these travel really well. My jeans are narrow, but this navy blazer for spring would also work with a fuller leg. And moving into the summer months, I will start wearing the blazer with white or yellow denim.
I'm wearing really simple jewelry here—a few thin rose gold necklaces (which you can barely see) and rose gold rings. Definitely have fun with the accessories! No need to worry about clashing.
More Ideas for Styling a Navy Blazer
Need more inspiration on how to style your navy blazer? Here are ten more ideas of pieces to mix and match this spring.
DIY Flower Arrangement Mugs for Graduation
This is an usual graduation season. With COVID in our midst, we are isolating ourselves from the ones we love. I came up with a creative way to celebrate the graduates in my life with these DIY flower arrangement mugs using Fabulous Florals. Related: Easy DIY floral design tips ...read more
7 Activities for Family Fun in Jackson Hole, WY
As part of a three-week trip from California to Montana, my family spent two nights in Jackson Hole, Wyoming at the Snake River Lodge and Spa. If your family vacations head you that way or you're looking for a new part of the U.S. to explore, here are 7 great family activities to ...read more
How to Build Your Maternity Capsule Wardrobe
As a stylist who has been pregnant twice now, I love styling maternity outfits. But expectant moms often find this challenge daunting. They’ll tell me they have no idea what to wear, what to buy, or when to “give in” to maternity clothes during pregnancy. So let’s debunk all the ...read more
- Floral print blouse
- Checked shirt
- White denim jeans. Momtrends tip: If the jacket is a boyfriend cut, Keep the bottoms trim.
- Colored denim jeans
- Colorful ballet flats: Red is a classic pairing, but branch out and try pink, coral and yellow too.
- Print scarf and a tee
- Chambray shirt
- Stripes: Add a crewneck striped sweater or striped shorts
- Accessorize with earrings. Bracelets would get lost and a necklace might interfere with the stripes. A big bold earring works.
- Leopard belt or other accessories
Six Navy Blazers for Spring
We've rounded up six of our favorite spring blazers. In addition to great style, we're looking for a bunch of different price points and size inclusivity.
- Loft Double Breasted Tweed Blazer ($140) This modern tailored layer takes inspiration from menswear. I like the notched lapel details too.
- Amazon luvamia Women's Blazer ($49.99) (note this is an Amazon Affiliate link). The military styling on this is modern and fresh. It's a fashion-forward style that works well with denim.
- Chico's Boyfriend Blazer ($90) I love the drape of this balzer. It's great to take to the office or for travel. The oversized fit is chic and I like the texture. Shoulder pads and back shaping give it a beautiful silhouette, while the notch collar and side-seam pockets finish the design in front. XS-L
- J.Crew Cecile relaxed sweater-blazer ($168). I'm always looking for items that look great on multiple body types. This J.Crew piece totally works. It's a bit more substantial than some of their lighter-weight sweater-blazers. Plus, it was made at a Fair Trade Certified™ factory that provides additional income and better conditions for the people who work there. Available in sizes thru 3x.
- Cabi Scholarship Blazer ($208) This unexpected color is perfect for spring. It's got a collegiate vibe and a slim fit. It has a tailored look with a cozy sweatshirt feel. Ideal for spring and summer trips. XS-XL.
- Boden Cotton Carrie Blazer ($198). This textured blazer has all the classic elements you'd expect from a smart-casual jacket – think shape-flattering darts and a split at the back. Sizes 2-22.
MORE FASHION TIPS FOR MOMS
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Fall Fashion Trends Pinterest board here.
This is not a sponsored post.