Get ready culture vultures. NYC's 32 Annual Museum Mile is set for June 8th. Mark your calendar and enjoy FREE admission to nine NYC museums plus FREE music and entertainment for the kiddies (think clowns and magicians).
We New Yorkers are mighty lucky to enjoy some of the country's finest museums. Free art is jsut icing on the cake. We love that this mile-long block party and visual art celebration will be traffic-free (thanks Mayor Blookie for closing the streets). Pack the stroller and enjoy the music and art. In celebration of their 40th anniversary, El Museo del Barrio will kick-off the Festival at 5:45pm on the steps of their museum at 104th street. Plus, follow the mile with street muralist De La Vega grab a piece of chalk and make your mark.
Here are the participating museums:
* El Museo del Barrio
* Museum of the City of New York
* The Jewish Museum
* Cooper Hewitt, National Design Museum, Smithsonian Institution
* National Academy Museum and School of Fine Arts
* Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
* Neue Galerie New York
* Goethe-Institut/German Cultural Center
* The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Museum Mile Festival
June 8, 2010
Fifth Avenue from 82nd to 105th
Rain or Shine