A few weeks ago we kicked off the unofficial start to summer with a rooftop party sponsored by Bacardi mixers. The post and party were sponsored (click here for the post), so I had to be focused on the the brand in the main party post. Today I'm sharing the other little extras at the event that made it so special. So here are my party tips for summer:
1. Invitations Matter. You don't have to spend a bundle. I used paperless post for this party. For just a few bucks, I set the mood for the party and was able to keep track of guests.
2. Have a Signature Drink:We served our signature Strappy Stiletto Punch in this fun Outdoor Metal Dispenser from West Elm.
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
Here's What No One Tells You About Olive Oil
produce is at its absolute PEAK right now. It's the time to prepare fresh veggies and fruit with ease and simplicity. When it comes to cooking, the farmer's market is my muse. As I prepare some of my summer harvest favorites, I'm sharing a little secret, what you put ON the ...read more
3. Entertain Them!Offer your friends something unexpected. For this party, I hired a tarot card reader to give all my friends a glimpse into the future.
4. Sweet Treats are a Must.To keep things simple, we partnered with PinkBerry to serve up some sweetness. Do you know PinkBerry? They just opened in my Brooklyn neighborhood and I'm obsessed with this handcrafted frozen yogurt. The ladies went crazy for the chocolate hazelnut and the key lime. The flavors change to keep things exciting. And to further liven things up, add some toppings. From fresh fruit to nuts to shaved chocolate, spice things up with the bits of goodness you can pile on.
5. Swag Rules: I love giving my guest little surprises. For this party, everyone went home with new flip flops from Havainas.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.