Our family is blessed with a full pantry. To show appreciation for our bounty, I'm participating in Libby'??s Feeding America Virtual Canned Food Drive. For the second year in a row, Libby's fruits and vegetables is hoping to feed needy American families.
September is Get Back to the Table month. This year, Libby'??s wants you to help families in need get back to the table through the Virtual Canned Food Drive supporting Feeding America.
FEEDING AMERICA FACTS
* Today, one in six Americans is struggling with hunger.
* Feeding America is the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity.
* The Feeding America network includes more than 200 food banks that serve all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
* The network distributes more than 2.5 billion pounds of food and groceries annually.
* More than 700,000 people volunteer each year to help the Feeding America network feed the hungry.
* More information is available at www.feedingamerica.org.
This online food drive encourages families and friends to form teams and engage their communities to support them. Teams that raise $1,500 or more for Feeding America will get their pantries stocked with a year'??s supply of canned vegetables from Libby'??s.
Libby'??s Fruits & Vegetables will match up to $40,000 of donations raised between now and December 13th, 2010, which will help provide 525,000 meals for families in need. As a thank you, Libby'??s will give every person who contributes to the Virtual Canned Food Drive a coupon for 50 cents off two cans of Libby'??s Vegetables.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.