It seems like everyone around me is sniffling and coughing. With cold and flue season in full swing, I thought I'd share my top five tips and tricks for beating colds and flus and reviving my spirit.
1. Keep it clean. I keep anti-bacterial handcleaner in all my bags. I'm a fanatic about hand washing at home, but on the go (and especially near subways) a quick dollop of this helps keep germs from spreading. And don't forget about your phone and laptop. Take a cleaning wipe over these everyday if you can. If you are already sick, it'll keep the illness from spreading.
2. Eat well. Now if you happen to get a cold (and I'm working on one now thanks to my pre-schooler bringing home every germ possible), I've got a few favorite remedies to speed things along. I load up on clementines and ginger green tea. I'm getting C and antioxidants with this combination. Sipping tea is warming and soothing and the sweet clementines taste great to my impaired taste buds.
3. Rest is essential. But unlikely when you've got two little kids in school. What I do rely on is elevating my head when I sleep. I round up all the pillows I can find and create a "throne" of sorts to prop up my head. I find my sinuses drain better this way and I'm able to get better rest.
4. Gentle exercisecan be helpful to get the energy flowing. When I'm sick, I rely on a gentle yoga class to revive my energy. I skip the inversions and focus on restorative postures and stretching. If you can get to a sauna or steam room at your gym, do a quick 10-15 minutes on a cardio machine and then let the heat of these rooms ease the aches and pains in your body.
5. Lift your spirits.Grab a fresh bouquet of tulips and slick on a little lip gloss. Adding something pretty to your home will make the time at home a little nicer and a bright lip gloss, is just the trick to give your face a lift.
This cold and flu season, make the care complete with Kleenex® brand, and together well turn a seemingly small gesture into something bigger, to make everyone feel better.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kleenex via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kleenex