We are so excited for all of the excitement of Halloween but with that also comes concerns about safety. In fact, according to SafeKids.org, twice as many children are likely to be killed by cars on Halloween than any other night of the year. To help us all stay safe, we teamed up with Verizon Wireless who provided us with some tips to keep your kids safe this Halloween as well as told us how smartphones can be equipped with tools to help kids while they are out trick-or-treating. Here are some more of their tips to make sure that you have a safe and happy Halloween:
Halloween Safety Tips:
1) Plan your trick-or-treating route before the 31st with the Verizon Navigator.
2) Trick-or-treat in well-lit areas. Stay on streets that you are familiar with. If faced with darkness, use theflashlight app provided on smartphones.
3) Keep up on the weather for Halloween night through the Weather Channel App.
4) Monitor your kids arrivals and departures with the Family Locator. This app allows you to locate multiple family members at the same time and send messages.
5) As an alternative to carving pumpkins, decorate with markers and paint or try the Halloween Pumpkin Carver
Given the potential dangers on Halloween, reliability is crucial. Thankfully, Verizons 4G LTE network keeps families close and connected.
Momtrends was not paid for this post