Summer is almost here—and 'tis the season for alfresco entertaining! My family's June, July, and August weekend will be filled barbecues, pool parties, picnics, graduation celebrations, birthdays, and holiday events. We'll be hosting friends and family at our home and in our new backyard (insert praise emoji!) almost weekly, and I couldn't be more excited for good food, great company, and refreshing treats.
Plan An Ice-Cream Party
Yes, Ice cream is a necessity at all of these gatherings. Of course. And, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure who enjoys our epic built-your-own sundae bars more: the kids or the grown-ups. I guess we all really do scream for ice cream.
There's a few things you'll need to pull off an incredible ice-cream social this summer—and make it look totally delectable (and photographable!) to boot. This gorgeous scene is from an ice-cream party at Blackberry Farm. We're sharing how you can re-create the inspired look with a few essentials and then some awesome extras!
Ice-Cream Party Shopping List
Ice-Cream: Keep it simple. No need to get lots of ice-cream flavors, just stick to the basics: vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry should do!
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Toppings: Now this is where you can take things up a notch, customize, and get fancy! Sprinkles, chocolate chips, nuts, candies, cookie dough, brownie bits, crushed Oreo crunchies, and fresh fruit, of course (don't forget the healthy stuff!).
Cones and Cups: Cones are more fun, cups are more practical. Please everyone with both—or, better yet, go with cone cups and spoons.
Ice-Cream Party Decorating Tips
- A DIY Chalkboard Sign: Grab a blackboard and make your own ice-cream sundae menu. List the flavors, toppings, and extra options in multiple colors with varying fonts. It's an easy DIY centerpiece for the ice-cream bar table.
- Fresh Flowers: Ice cream and flowers—can summer get any sweeter or more aesthetically pleasing? Display colorful blooms like mounds of ice cream! Cone-shaped vases are the icing on the ice-cream cake. These paper versions are pretty darling too!
- Vintage Ice-Cream Signs: How fun are these vintage-inspired ice-cream signs? They'll add a retro soda-shop ambiance to your ice-cream social. (Now all you need is ice-cream truck music playing on repeat!)
MORE SUMMER FUN FOR MOMS
- Tips for picking the right sunglasses for your face.
- 21 perfect summer cocktails
- Must try grilled salmon recipes
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion posts. Be sure to follow our Summer fun board here.
This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.