Applying the perfect red lip Beauty DIY!
In honor of the red, white and blue and the beginning of Beauty & Style month I'm sharing a favorite post from my friend Cheryl at Easy Peasy Blog. She wrote a terrific post titled: Just "WOW" Them Wearing Red Lipstick.
When I was eight years old, I went into my mom's purse. Yes, I know. Wrong. I found her red lipstick and went to the mirror to practice being a pretty lady. Yes, I know. Shocker. I had no idea what I was doing. Why would I? Ive seen 30-year-old women who are clueless when it comes to red lipstick. I was eight. What hope did I have?
I looked like Ronald McDonald. I was unable to hide this from mom. And she was unable to get the red lipstick off. This was after all the year of Noxema as the ultimate makeup remover. Although refreshing, it wasn't exactly strong enough for the likes of true red. Pretty Little Cheryl.
Putting on true red lipstick doesn't have to be a daunting, time-consuming task. You can join the rank and file of signature red-lipped starlets Scarlett Johansson, Gwen Stefani and Dita VonTeese. You just need a little know-how, a steady hand and the right red.
To apply red lipstick:
Five Tips for the Perfect Pumpkin Patch Visit
It's that time of the year again...pumpkin patch time! While I love a nice Pumpkin Spice Latte as much as the next fall lovin' girl...for me, the season is all about spending time with my family...and hopefully that time is spent outside as much as possible. If you're headed out ...read more
Perfect for Fall Pumpkin Spice Dirt Bomb Recipe
Get your pumpkin spice fix with this tasty dirt bomb recipe. Unlike fried donuts, this recipe is a little lighter and, since no hot oil is involved, a lot less messy. These dirt bombs, or baked donuts, are irresistible cakey muffins that are spiked with nutmeg and ginger, and ...read more
Save Money at a Ski Swap
Are the slopes in your future? If you want to save money on ski gear, consider a ski swap. A swap is a great way to buy and sell used equipment. Most swaps consist of a variety of gear, from brand new to used skis and snowboards to skis; from poles to boots to bindings and ...read more
1. Keep your other makeup simple (there's that KISS again). Skin pale (not Twilight-pale, just even-toned), eyes simple (think mascara and, if you must, a thin eyeliner in soft black) and cheeks soft with light blush. If you don't want to follow this rule, fine. Click here.
2. Apply a light layer of foundation to your lips. This will create a great canvas for the true color to come through.
3. Line the inside of your lips with the same color liner. Because reds tend to bleed, lining helps keep the color in place.
4. Choose the right red. If you're warm with olive or yellow undertones, choose a red with orange or brown tones. (Think brick red or fire-engine red.) If you're cool with pinkish or reddish undertones, pick one with blue or pink tones.
5. Pat, don't swipe, lipstick onto your lips. Use your fingertips if you want. Red can tend to be heavy, so it should be more of a stain approach.
A few of my faves: Nars Jungle Red, La Prairie's Cellular Luxe Lip Colour in Garnet and a vintage classic Chanel Red No. 5 (rumor has it Marilyn Monroe wore this one to bed).
Photo courtesy of photorack.net. Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given permission from Cheryl to reprint this material.