Cocktail anyone? Wow your guests by serving more than just wine. Try warming them up with a Santa Smoothie, getting minty with a Candy Cane Dream or adding some bubbles with a Mistletoe Mocktini and enjoy!
When Santa (or your guest) arrives he is going to want to warm up, so be ready with this spiked apple cider, smoothie style. It is a super easy, healthy cocktail ready to warm up any winter day. Makes 2 servings. Prep time 10 minutes.
- 2 cups Apple cider
- 1 Honey Crisp apple
- ¼ cup 100% Maple syrup
- 1 whole Lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 oz. Vodka
- Whipped cream
- Cut up apples into 8 pieces (you can remove the skin if you prefer, but we like to keep the nutrition).
- Add apple cider, granny smith apples, maple syrup, lemon juice, cinnamon and vodka in blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes on high.
- Heat mixture on stove or in microwave to desired temperature.
- Pour into your favorite mug (ours is the Aladdin thermal mason mug)
- Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Candy Cane Dream
If you love candy canes and creamy chocolate, you'll adore this holiday cocktail full of flavorful mint. Makes 1 serving. Prep time 5 minutes.
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Best of Northern Italy Villa Cipriani Luxury Resort Review
Italy is a country that just keeps surprising and delighting me. After visiting the larger cities and making a few trips south to Sicily, Mr. Momtrends and I ventured to the northern part of the country on our last trip. Our home base was the delightful Villa Cipriani. This ...read more
- 3/4 oz Bailey’s Original Irish Cream
- 1/2 oz Peppermint Schnapps
- Rim martini glass with chocolate syrup and crushed candy canes. We used mini martini glasses to serve upon arrival.
- Shake ingredients in a shaker with ice and strain into martini glass.
- Add candy cane garnish and a festive napkin.
Being kissed under the mistletoe is a thing of the past. Instead, sip on a refreshing cranberry bubbling sensation. It is nonalcoholic so the whole family can enjoy. Makes 4 servings. Prep time 5 minutes.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 cups Welch's Cranberry Sparkling Cocktail
- Mix together chilled orange juice, lemon juice and Welch’s Cranberry Sparkling Cocktail.
- Serve in a champagne glass and garnish with fresh cranberries and a festive cocktail stick.
Disclosure: Momtrends was not paid for this post.