I like a good tear-jerker on occassion, but mostly I like movies that either a) make me think b) are a celebration. Beliefnet's Movie Mom, Nell Minow put together a list of 12 Happy Movies--I've seen most and think she is on to something. So here are some of Nell's ideas for getting a smile going before school starts--many are kiddo appropriate. Click above for the full list.
1. The Incredibles - Memorable line: "You keep trying to pick a fight, but I'm still just happy you're alive."
2. Some Like It Hot- Memorable line: "Well, nobody's perfect!"
3. Duck Soup- Memorable line: I suggest that we give him ten years in Leavenworth, or eleven years in Twelveworth." "I'll tell you what I'll do: I'll take five and ten in Woolworth."
4. Hairspray - Memorable line: "You can't stop my happiness, 'cuz I like the way I am."
5. The Court Jester- Memorable line: "Life could not better be..."