Staying healthy in the work place can be a big challenge, if not bigger than staying healthy at home, and vending machines at work can contribute. On busy days, the only snacks available might be in that machine down the hall, and time to go elsewhere is at a premium.
Fresh Healthy Vending is a company that is revolutionizing the industry by providing colorful dual-climate-controlled machines that are filled with all-healthy snack options, including 100-percent juices, fresh vegetables, fruits, smoothies, and yogurts. Says CEO Jolly Backer "Having healthy snacks available is a win-win for the kids and schools, as well as offices and workers. Healthier snacks leave people feeling good and being more productive, and they will help keep everyone healthy."
How can you start a vending machine makeover at your school or work? Here are a few tips from Fresh Healthy Vending to get you started:
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
- Get the facts. There are many good reasons to seek a vending machine makeover. Gather some facts about obesity, such as those provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, stating that a third of all adults are now obese, and that 17 percent of all children are considered obese. There are good reasons for wanting to provide a healthy work and school environment, all the way down to the snacks in the vending machine.
- Find supporters. The more people there are in the office or school who would like a vending machine makeover, the better. Circulate a petition or organize a committee of people to work together toward achieving that goal.
- Offer alternatives. Be ready to suggest a constrictive alternative, such as Fresh Healthy Vending. They will be more apt to jump at the chance for the makeover if they realize how simple and cost-effective it can be.
- Be heard. The powers-that-be need to know that people want healthier options in the vending machines. This can be done by writing a letter or arranging a meeting on the topic.
- Follow through. Once the school or office has been informed that change is needed, it is important to follow through with the request. While avoiding badgering them is important, it is equally vital that the issue remain on their radar screen so that change can eventually take place.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.