This week's recipe linky is from my friend Bobby Flay. Yep, I hobnob with celebrity chefs now and then thanks to Momtrends. Hellman's brought Bobby, Lori Loughlin (remember her from Full House--love her!) and a group of food bloggers together for lunch with a mission. We've got photos and recipes to share so read on...
First our weekly recipe. This one can be packed for lunch (provided your kids can put lunches in a school fridge)
Bobby Flay's Egg Salad with Cheese & Bacon on Toasted English Muffins. (serves 4)
Amazing Breastfeeding Accessories for Mom
As a breastfeeding mama I'm always on the lookout for stylish and functional accessories. Chewbeads and NuRoo offer moms products that pull double duty! Add an extra layer of style while also keeping it functional with Chewbeads necklaces and NuRoo nursing scarves. Both of ...read more
Gender Neutral Nursery Color Schemes
Your family is about to bring a new person into the world, and you want to share a bright, open and welcoming world with your little one. Leave the stereotypes and generalizations behind and let your child enjoy a warm, loving nursery decorated thoughtfully by you and your ...read more
Create a Farm Themed Gender Neutral Nursery
The farmhouse chic trend is taking over nursery design and we couldn't be more thrilled. I'm over the overtly showy rooms filled with glitz and glam. This return to sweetness and simplicity feels just right. One of our favorite homewares shop, West Elm, has created the ultimate ...read more
6 large eggs
1/4 cup Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (we say use the light and save some calories)
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
1 green onion, thinly sliced
4 slices turkey bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
4 slices cheddar or Swiss cheese (about 3 oz.)
4 tomato slices
4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
1. Cover eggs with cold water in small saucepan and bring just to a boil over high heat. Cook 1 minute.
2. Remove eggs from heat, cover pan and let stand 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water or place in bowl and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made 1 day in advance.
3. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and paprika in medium bowl. Add salt and pepper.
4. Chop eggs, then stir into mayonnaise mixture. Gently fold in celery, onion and bacon.
5. Arrange muffins on baking sheet, cut-side up, then top 4 halves with cheese. Broil just until cheese begins to melt.
6. Take muffins out of oven and add slice of tomato, and then evenly spread egg salad on cheesy muffin halves. Top with muffin tops or served open faced.
Hellman's is trying to raise $75,000 for Share our Strength. To inspire foodies and moms to learn more about the cause, they've built a Swap N Share Facebook application. Every time someone builds a sandwich on facebook, Hellman's makes a donation. Go here to check it out.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.