This week's recipe linky is from my friend Bobby Flay. Yep, I hobnob with celebrity chefs now and then thanks to Momtrends. Hellman's brought Bobby, Lori Loughlin (remember her from Full House--love her!) and a group of food bloggers together for lunch with a mission. We've got photos and recipes to share so read on...
First our weekly recipe. This one can be packed for lunch (provided your kids can put lunches in a school fridge)
Bobby Flay's Egg Salad with Cheese & Bacon on Toasted English Muffins. (serves 4)
6 large eggs
1/4 cup Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (we say use the light and save some calories)
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. sweet paprika
1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
1 green onion, thinly sliced
4 slices turkey bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
4 slices cheddar or Swiss cheese (about 3 oz.)
4 tomato slices
4 whole wheat English muffins, split and toasted
1. Cover eggs with cold water in small saucepan and bring just to a boil over high heat. Cook 1 minute.
2. Remove eggs from heat, cover pan and let stand 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water or place in bowl and refrigerate until ready to use. Can be made 1 day in advance.
3. Combine mayonnaise, mustard, and paprika in medium bowl. Add salt and pepper.
4. Chop eggs, then stir into mayonnaise mixture. Gently fold in celery, onion and bacon.
5. Arrange muffins on baking sheet, cut-side up, then top 4 halves with cheese. Broil just until cheese begins to melt.
6. Take muffins out of oven and add slice of tomato, and then evenly spread egg salad on cheesy muffin halves. Top with muffin tops or served open faced.
Hellman's is trying to raise $75,000 for Share our Strength. To inspire foodies and moms to learn more about the cause, they've built a Swap N Share Facebook application. Every time someone builds a sandwich on facebook, Hellman's makes a donation. Go here to check it out.
Momtrends was not paid for this post.