Easter is coming! Have you and your kids dyed your eggs? Repurpose Compostables, has some fantastic Easter Egg Dying tips using vegetables, water and vinegar!
Related: 6 easy easter egg decorating ideas
Natural egg dye options:
You can create a virtual rainbow with natural dyes. No need to buy and egg dying kit, just open the fridge.
- Boiled Spinach leaves create a light green
- Beet Juice can turn an egg Grey to light violet
- Boiled Red Cabbage Leaves make a great blue
- Yellow Onion Skins boiled turns eggs a vibrant orange
- Red Onion Skins create a bright pink or red
What else you will need to dye eggs naturally:
Organic eggs (locally sources is the best option)
Repurpose Compostables cold cups (one for each egg) or a bowl to hold the dye and eggs
Directions for dying eggs naturally:
- Place eggs in a large pot with enough cold water to cover the eggs by at least one inch.
- Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to medium high heat and cook eggs for 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and place eggs in ice cold water to chill. In each Repurpose cup, add one Tbsp. of vinegar and egg dye.
- Fill the cup 2/3-3/4 full with warm water.
- Place each egg, once cooled, into each cup, allowing them to soak for about 15 minutes each.
- Then, take out to air dry.
- Mix the dyes for fun new colors!
Snow Day Essentials: The Best Sleds, Tubes, and Toys
We got a lot of snow in these parts last week. School was canceled on Thursday and Friday, and we ended up having an unexpected four-day winter-wonderland weekend. Related: Winter safety guidelines for sledding It's our first January in our home, and this winter has already ...read more
4 Ways to Up Your Ugly-Sweater Game
Holiday pajamas are my jam... But there's another piece of comfy-cozy Christmas clothing that I'm slightly obsessed with—and that's the ugly sweater. In the past few years, this hideously festive holiday tradition has become downright trendy. The sillier, the wackier, the ...read more
Holiday Tea & Cookie Decorating Party
The holiday season is about spending time with family and friends. We've come up with ideas for a sweet holiday tea and cookie decorating party. It's a perfect kid-friendly way to ring in the season. We're providing the crafts, menu and decor ideas for a seamless party. Related: ...read more
Getting ready for Easter is so fun. Momtrends Tip: Before you start this project, be sure to clear a table and spread out some old papers, even natural dyes can get messy. This is a way to make the kids enjoy nature and the process. Enjoy and happy Easter!
Photo Credit: Your Home Based Mom
Natural Colors: No time to run to the store for food coloring? No problem! You can dye your eggs at home with items you may have in your pantry.
MORE EASTER IDEAS FROM MOMTRENDS
- Cutest and craftiest Easter desserts
- Make an Easter Fairy Garden
- DIY Easter Bunny Basket and Bunny Game
Use Pinterest to save your favorite entertaining ideas. Be sure to follow our Easter Pinterest board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post