I've been reading lots of recipes this month. One new cookbook that caught my eye is titled: Crappy Little Kitchens.The premise: You don't need a big space or fancy equipment to create tasty meals. I love the concept of a pared down approach to meal prep. Dallas chef, Jennifer Schaertl, shares some of her go-to recipes. Many are ideal for entertaining, others are perfect for busy mid-week dinners.
What I loved:
- The little factoids Jennifer tosses in. Did you know artichokes are not really vegetables, but are instead flower buds and members of the sunflower family?
- Make no apologies for your home. Work with what you've got rather than longing for a bigger kitchen and expensive tools.
- The cookbook tackles more adventurous meals such as rabbit.
What I didn't:
- While the joke may be about crappy kitchens, but do the photos have to be small and crappy too? When it comes to cookbooks, Momtrends loves pretty pictures.
- Not too many healthy options. Many of the meals involve a lot of butter an other fats.
Overall, if you are looking for some gourmet challenges without having to invest a bundle, this may be the perfect inspiration. Buy on Amazon for $12.89.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. Shopping affiliate links helps support our editorial efforts.