I've been reading lots of recipes this month. One new cookbook that caught my eye is titled: Crappy Little Kitchens.The premise: You don't need a big space or fancy equipment to create tasty meals. I love the concept of a pared down approach to meal prep. Dallas chef, Jennifer Schaertl, shares some of her go-to recipes. Many are ideal for entertaining, others are perfect for busy mid-week dinners.
What I loved:
- The little factoids Jennifer tosses in. Did you know artichokes are not really vegetables, but are instead flower buds and members of the sunflower family?
- Make no apologies for your home. Work with what you've got rather than longing for a bigger kitchen and expensive tools.
- The cookbook tackles more adventurous meals such as rabbit.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
What I didn't:
- While the joke may be about crappy kitchens, but do the photos have to be small and crappy too? When it comes to cookbooks, Momtrends loves pretty pictures.
- Not too many healthy options. Many of the meals involve a lot of butter an other fats.
Overall, if you are looking for some gourmet challenges without having to invest a bundle, this may be the perfect inspiration. Buy on Amazon for $12.89.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. Shopping affiliate links helps support our editorial efforts.