If there are two things we're serious about finding here at Momtrends, they're: 1.) products that actually do what they claim to do, and 2.) fitness classes that kick some serious butt. And so yesterday's exclusive derriere class at NYC's Exhale spa, sponsored by Boudreaux’s Butt Paste, did not disappoint.
To celebrate the launch of the new Maximum Strength Butt Paste jar, we invited a few of our favorite local blogger friends for a "maximum strength" booty workout, followed by healthy snacks, mini massages, and a photo-opp with the Boudreaux's baby himself, of course (in the plush!).
As a mom with two littles, I'm usually knee-deep in Butt Paste (among other things), but I can recall seeing Boudreaux's on the shelves in my pre-parenting life, and laughing out loud. Fast forward to the present, and I now know Boudreaux's Butt Paste is no joke.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
Created by a pharmacist in 1978 and trusted by pediatricians for decades, it's gentle on Baby's delicate booty and incredibly effective at helping to heal and prevent diaper rash. The maximum-strength formula is fast-acting and safe—without the use of any harsh or scary ingredients (meaning it's free of dyes, parabens, preservatives, phthalates, and talc). Formulated with 40 percent zinc oxide, it boasts over two times the rash-fighting power of the original formula, and works by forming a protective layer on the skin to sooth discomfort and prevent further breakdown.
The new packaging is so convenient (that flip-top cap!), and I like how the scent is light, fresh, and minimal. But, most of all, I love that Butt Paste fulfills its promise to heal on contact... If only that booty workout was so simple! (Whew! )
Want to get your butt in gear too? First, run to your local Target for the new Butt Paste jar (or just do squats at your computer desk and order from Amazon or Target.com), and then check out these two quick and intense tushie exercises:
- Lay on your side, propped up on your elbow like a side plank (maintain alignment of your elbow under shoulder).
- With upper back and hips in line, extend your legs forward and stacked to a 45 degree angle, and bend both knees in half, bringing your heels towards your seat. Keep your upper body static and maintain a neutral spine.
- Lift and open your top knee while keeping your feet together and lower to close. Repeat 10 times pulse halfway up for 10 times, and repeat.
Challenge: Lift whole leg up and down. Alternate touching knee to knee, toe to toe (internal/external rotation) as you keep your core tight to avoid rolling hips back and maintain form.
- Lie flat on your back with knees bent, feet hips' width and parallel.
- Press lower back into the floor, tilting the pelvis up. On the way up, leading with tailbone. On the way down, back of waist touches mat first.
- Tilt higher and lift the lower back off of the floor and maintain hips high (keep the weight into shoulders not your neck). Move at different rhythms. Watch that your back doesn't arch: keep abdominals engaged
- Keens together, feet apart.
- Single leg extended about hip.
- Feet together, knees apart.
Challenge: Use of playground ball between inner thighs or yoga block may be used as a variation.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are our own.