One lucky family will win 4 tickets!
Time for the Holiday Train Show at the New York Botanical Gardens. We've got the insider tips to make your trip to this "must-see" holiday event. Buy tickets now to see the G-scale model trains puff along a half-mile of track in and around the 140 landmark buildings constructed entirely of natural materials: nuts, tree bark, fruits, pinecones, and leaves. It's a magical non-commercial experience that highlights the very best of the season.
- Be prompt. Tickets are timed. It's great to be at the head of your allotted time.
- Go early. We always sign up for the first time slot of the day. No wait and geat views for short little people.
- Dress in layers. It is hot and humid (it's a conservatory after all!) inside. Leave the coats in the stroller.
- Visit the bathrooms at the main entrance--by the main gate.
- Bring a camera and be patient to nab a terrific photo.
- Plan enough time to walk through the Children's Garden after the trains--it's good to cool off and to let the kids frolic.
- Check out the calendar of children's events here and plan a full day at the garden.
November 20, 2010 - January 9, 2011
Ten Things You Can Do RIGHT NOW to get ready for ski season
I finally see snow in the forecast here in Vermont and that means ski season isn't too far away. Like all gear-intensive sports, you're going to need to do some pre-season work to make sure you're ready for the first snow day. And don't forget, skiing and riding also require ...read more
Cheesy Chicken Nacho Recipe
This week you're likely to let the kids indulge a bit on sweets. And guess what? More holidays are coming. The kids want sweets. Moms want the kids to eat well-balanced meals with plenty of nutrition. I rely on easy recipes that are ready in a flash with wholesome ingredients ...read more
Planning Snack Sized Fall Family Adventures
Fall is simply the best time of year for family adventures. When you live in New England, nature simply beckons you outdoors. Life was simpler when the girls were little, we had wide open calendars and outdoor adventures were easier to execute. But now with school plays, cross ...read more
Enid A. Haupt Conservatory
Bronx River Parkway (Exit 7W) and Fordham Road
Onsite parking is $12 per vehicle.
Win It! One lucky family is going to get a set of 4 tickets to the show. Simply head to the NYBG page here and come back and leave a comment on why you want to celebrate the season at the Holiday Train Show!
For extra entries (4 total):
* Become a fan of the NYBotanical Garden and of Momtrends and a fan on Facebook. Then leave a comment below.
* Follow @Momtrends and @NYBG on twitter and
* Tweet this message: "Holiday Train Show Contest Alert from @NYBG and @Momtrends http://t.co/vDyz7h0"
Be sure to add your contact email. Contest open to US residents ages 18 and over. Contest ends 12/15/10 at midnight EST. Winners will be selected by random.org. Winners will be announced on a blog post. If winner fails to respond in 24 hours a new winner will be chosen. Momtrends was not paid for this post.