One lucky family will win 4 tickets!
Time for the Holiday Train Show at the New York Botanical Gardens. We've got the insider tips to make your trip to this "must-see" holiday event. Buy tickets now to see the G-scale model trains puff along a half-mile of track in and around the 140 landmark buildings constructed entirely of natural materials: nuts, tree bark, fruits, pinecones, and leaves. It's a magical non-commercial experience that highlights the very best of the season.
- Be prompt. Tickets are timed. It's great to be at the head of your allotted time.
- Go early. We always sign up for the first time slot of the day. No wait and geat views for short little people.
- Dress in layers. It is hot and humid (it's a conservatory after all!) inside. Leave the coats in the stroller.
- Visit the bathrooms at the main entrance--by the main gate.
- Bring a camera and be patient to nab a terrific photo.
- Plan enough time to walk through the Children's Garden after the trains--it's good to cool off and to let the kids frolic.
- Check out the calendar of children's events here and plan a full day at the garden.
November 20, 2010 - January 9, 2011
Enid A. Haupt Conservatory
Bronx River Parkway (Exit 7W) and Fordham Road
Onsite parking is $12 per vehicle.
Win It! One lucky family is going to get a set of 4 tickets to the show. Simply head to the NYBG page here and come back and leave a comment on why you want to celebrate the season at the Holiday Train Show!
For extra entries (4 total):
* Become a fan of the NYBotanical Garden and of Momtrends and a fan on Facebook. Then leave a comment below.
* Follow @Momtrends and @NYBG on twitter and
* Tweet this message: "Holiday Train Show Contest Alert from @NYBG and @Momtrends http://t.co/vDyz7h0"
Be sure to add your contact email. Contest open to US residents ages 18 and over. Contest ends 12/15/10 at midnight EST. Winners will be selected by random.org. Winners will be announced on a blog post. If winner fails to respond in 24 hours a new winner will be chosen. Momtrends was not paid for this post.