Bobby Flay wants us to liven up the leftovers. He and his pal Lori Loughlin gathered a group of food bloggers to talk turkey. They whipped up three treats and sent us home with recipes. Still have turkey in the fridge and can't stand the idea of another turkey sandwich? Get spicy with this recipe from Bobby Flay for Turkey Paella with Lemon-Smoked Paprika Aioli.
* 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
* 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 2 tablespoons canola oil
* 1/2 pound spicy turkey sausage or pork sausage, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
* 1 small Spanish onion, chopped
* 2 roasted red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
* 3 cloves garlic
* 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular or converted rice
* 3 cups chicken broth
* 1 cup green peas
* 1 pound leftover turkey, finely chopped
* 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon peel and paprika with wire whisk in small bowl. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Heat oil in 4-quart Dutch oven over high heat and cook sausage, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until golden brown and just cooked through. Remove to paper-towel-lined plate.
3. Cook onion in same Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in red peppers and garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in rice and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in broth. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer covered 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in peas and turkey and let stand covered 5 minutes. Gently fold in lemon-paprika aioli and parsley. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper.
A huge thank you to Hellman's for putting on these events. I always come away with inspired ideas. For more recipes go here: www.hellmanns.us/promotions/therealfoodproject/
And to help Hellman's donate $75,000 to Share our Strength like them on Facebook and build a sandwich. They are closing in on the goal and here's what I made:
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We did get a goody bag and lunched served by Bobby Flay!