Want a way for your heart to feel fuller and your mind to feel clearer? Add more yoga into your life. Yoga workouts for moms aren't a fitness trend, it's a solution that's here to stay. This workout is perfect for moms, because it can be done on your schedule (and even with your kids around). Use our tips for setting up your studio and getting ready to tap into some zen.
Set up your at-home Yoga Studio
These are the pieces I recommend for setting up your at-home yoga studio.
- Get an app. Bulldog Yoga on demand is a new streaming video platform, that offers the same great sweat as their signature in-studio classes. Head here to get your first 30 days free.
- Pilates & Yoga Mat 4mm look for one that is non-slip and well cushioned.
- Cotton Yoga Bolster perfect for your restorative poses and working against a wall.
- 6 Foot D-Ring Buckle Yoga Strap can't touch your toes yet? Don't worry, this strap will help.
- Yoga Blocks--this will help you with balance and give you confidence to try more challenging poses
- Yoga blanket--this is a great way to add comfort to seated postures and a must for the final rest pose.
Yoga Brands for Moms
You'll also need some great clothes. Start with a pair of yoga pants and a top that will keep your boobs in place while you are inverting. A few brands that I recommend are:
- Zobha.com--these fashions are for moms that want to move in style.
- LuluLemon--pretty sure they've fixed the issue of the see-thru pants and I love the bright colors.
- Athleta--Lots of this gear can do double duty at the gym.
- Target--for budget-friendly pricing and plus sizes, Target can't be beat.
Get Out and Play with a Smarter Set of Wheels
Our family has been through many wheels over the years. Since we are mostly an urban family, our kids found scootering the best way to get to school. My kids got bigger, so I’ve been researching options for them. Now it's time for an upgrade to our wheels and we've got some ...read more
The Best Diaper Pails and Accessories
I do believe diapering is the one activity we do the most of when our kiddos are young. For more months than I care to remember, I changed diaper after diaper after diaper. An all inclusive list of the best diaper pails and diaper accessories would have been so very helpful. ...read more
Breast Cancer Awareness Tips to Empower Yourself
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are all about sharing tips to keep our busy moms healthy and at the top of their game. I think it's safe to say, we are all aware of Breast Cancer, but when it comes to breast-cancer prevention, we are sharing tips to help you feel ...read more
Get in A Yoga Mindset
As we gear up for National Yoga Month, celebrity yoga instructor Kristin Mc Gee is sharing their tips on how to get the most out of your rejuvenating yoga workout:
- Concentrate: A proper yoga session practiced with the right attitude and breathing techniques can help you not only tone your body, but develop your mental focus, release negative energy and reduce stress.
- Build your yoga prowess: Start with basic yoga poses and build on those to ensure understanding of more advanced postures and yoga terminology for safe transition from pose to pose.
- Get your space ready: Create a comfortable environment to practice this activity that can help you strengthen the mind, body and spirit, as well as achieve a feeling of well-being.
- Focus on the inside: Be childlike and joyful when approaching your yoga practice. Yoga is not a competitive sport; it is about finding a sense of balance, strength and power from within.
Who Needs Yoga
- Moms that have worn out poor posture.
- Anyone who hunches over a computer.
- Breastfeeding moms.
And runners! I swear adding yoga to my life has helped prevent injures and made me stronger and more flexible. I know finding a studio and an hour to get there can be tough. So why not use videos and set up your own studio (but do try to get a live instructor a few times a month--it will be essential to getting good form).
MORE YOGA FROM MOMTRENDS
- Yoga for kids
- Essentials to help you create an at home yoga sanctuary
- Online yoga options for stay at home workouts
Use Pinterest to save your favorite ideas from Momtrends. Be sure to follow our Fitness and health board here.