Working moms know the importance of meal planning. I'm getting ready for busy few weeks and I've been perfecting my fast breakfast options. I’ve been using Bob's Redmill Organic Steel Cut Oats to prepare my overnight oats for a nice, cold breakfast in the morning and I'm going to share the key to a great overnight oat recipe.
The Key to a Great Overnight Oats
Ok, I've got a few secrets to make this recipe a favorite. First, it's all about presentation. To make sure the girls (and mom!) start the day off right, I’ve been prepping these adorable overnight oat jars. I found them on Amazon (you can check out my review here) and they are $22 for a set of 20. A great deal.
Greek Yogurt Overnight Ingredients
- 2 tbsp cup steel cut oats
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- 12 blueberries or other fresh berries
- 7 oz glass jars with lid. Get your set of Folinstall jars on Amazon here.
The Ten Best Wooden Play Kitchens For Kids
Cooking is a timeless fascination for children. This type of play goes beyond gender and teaches kids loads of life skills along the way. An investment in a play kitchen is money well spent, as it can provide hours of entertainment. We've rounded up the ten best wooden play ...read more
New Victory Announces a New Season of Shows
We know you're busy planning picnics and summer outings, but we wanted to let you know that The New Victory just announced their new season and it looks fantastic. We thought you'd like a sneak peek of what's in store! Each year the New Vic theater brings culture to tourists and ...read more
Fun Ways to Discover Venice Italy with Your Family
Greetings from Italy wear the gelato is rich, the clothes divine and the scenery is inspiring. Now that I've been to this fine city in the north of Italy, twice, I've amassed a list of favorites to share. These are some fun ways to discover Venice, Italy with your family. ...read more
Greek Yogurt Overnight Oat Recipe
- Scoop in dry oats to bottom of the jar.
- Add milk. We don’t love milk, so we add add just a dash to make the oats softer.
- Add Greek yogurt. Yum! Our favorite and makes this breakfast so hardy. I can jam about a ¼ cup of yogurt in there.
- Add chia.
- Add honey. This is entirely optional, but I add a drizzle of honey on this level.
- Top with fruit. The farmer’s markets here in Vermont are going strong. I top the creation off with a dozen or so berries.
- Set in fridge overnight.
These cute treats make mornings so much healthier. Plus, I love that I’m reducing waste by utilizing these sweet jars that can be filled again and again.
WANT MORE FROM MOMTRENDS?
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion finds from Momtrends. Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given samples.