Working moms know the importance of meal planning. I'm getting ready for busy few weeks and I've been perfecting my fast breakfast options. I’ve been using Bob's Redmill Organic Steel Cut Oats to prepare my overnight oats for a nice, cold breakfast in the morning and I'm going to share the key to a great overnight oat recipe.
The Key to a Great Overnight Oats
Ok, I've got a few secrets to make this recipe a favorite. First, it's all about presentation. To make sure the girls (and mom!) start the day off right, I’ve been prepping these adorable overnight oat jars. I found them on Amazon (you can check out my review here) and they are $22 for a set of 20. A great deal.
Greek Yogurt Overnight Ingredients
- 2 tbsp cup steel cut oats
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey
- 12 blueberries or other fresh berries
- 7 oz glass jars with lid. Get your set of Folinstall jars on Amazon here.
5 Pretty Ways To Organize Your Jewelry
I admit - I'm guilt. Despite my best efforts, my "jewelry drawer" has become a tangled mess of necklaces, bracelets and earrings. This cluttered collection not only makes it hard to see what I have, but difficult to untangle the pieces I do want to wear! This summer, I'm ...read more
This Year's Coolest Jumbo Pool Floats
Pool season is almost here! I can't wait to relax, read a book, and sip a cocktail while lazily drifting in an oversized float. (Just kidding, I have two toddlers--but a swim mama can dream, right?). If you've got a staycation planned, check out this year's coolest jumbo pool ...read more
Crystal Clear and Pristine: Pool-Cleaning Tips
Tropical Storm Isaiah gave us quite the midsummer surprise here in the suburbs of New York City. We just got our power back on after a whole week of darkness! With trees down, debris everywhere, and lots of uncertainty, one thing we forgot to check on: our above ground Intex ...read more
Greek Yogurt Overnight Oat Recipe
- Scoop in dry oats to bottom of the jar.
- Add milk. We don’t love milk, so we add add just a dash to make the oats softer.
- Add Greek yogurt. Yum! Our favorite and makes this breakfast so hardy. I can jam about a ¼ cup of yogurt in there.
- Add chia.
- Add honey. This is entirely optional, but I add a drizzle of honey on this level.
- Top with fruit. The farmer’s markets here in Vermont are going strong. I top the creation off with a dozen or so berries.
- Set in fridge overnight.
These cute treats make mornings so much healthier. Plus, I love that I’m reducing waste by utilizing these sweet jars that can be filled again and again.
WANT MORE FROM MOMTRENDS?
Use Pinterest to save your favorite fashion finds from Momtrends. Use Pinterest to save your favorite recipes. Be sure to follow our Kid Food Pinterest board here.
Momtrends was not paid for this post. We were given samples.